What's the Story behind your Pirate Name?

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by Tiger Lilly, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

This is great my fellow pirates, keep telling us your stories!!!:):p

Christy, Mobotts and Dog Breath like this.
  2. Darth Yoda

Darth Yoda First Mate

Mine is simple...I am short, green and always angry...plus I loved the movie and always wondered what Yoda would have been like if he went bad.

3. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

Super-Nor is a family nickname, and Malware I chose because I delight in the notion that a bunch of people see a notification that says "Your island was attacked by Malware".

4. Purple Rose

Purple Rose First Mate

In a place that no other pirate can steal from :p

5. ElFrenetico

ElFrenetico Captain

Bwahahahaha! Some great stories. This is just one of my favorites. :) Dog Breath - was the vodka for you or the dog? :)

6. Dog Breath

Dog Breath First Mate

Now now ElFenetico a true pirate never tells ! :rolleyes:

7. Dog Breath

Dog Breath First Mate

Lady Killigrew well done, this is a great thread !
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

8. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

Thank you @Dog Breath, I thought it would be a fun thread!:p Besides the curiosity got the better of me after seeing some very strange and unusual names.:):cool:

9. ElFrenetico

ElFrenetico Captain

I first used my name for an old great iPad game called Bounty Bots, that sadly never caught on but had a tight-knit little group of frequent players in the forums. I generally chose the lightest armor, a weak, fast weapon, powerups that made me fast but weak, and just ran like crazy to keep out of harm's way and basically annoy opponents to death.

This made me think of The Adventures of El Frenetico and Go Girl - a so-bad-that-it's-good old semi-amateur movie I had once seen with a friend, about a hapless and funnily pathethic superhero in a lucha libre suit and mask. It seemed to fit, and here I am. :)

[​IMG]

10. ElFrenetico

ElFrenetico Captain

This made me think of a funny little thing I told my guildmates. Thought it would fit well here. My 7yo son Quinn is named after the Dylan song Quinn the Eskimo. He asked what I thought his island should be named, and I asked what he thought of Quinn the Mighty. He loved it, and typed it himself. Later when I signed into his island, I found the unintentionally appropriate result.

[​IMG]

11. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Captain

I agree... Brought some, much needed, life back to the forums!! :D

12. Christy

Christy Commodore

This thread reminds me of the days when the game first came out and forum was a fun place to visit. I've missed it. I think we need more threads like these :)

13. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

@ElFrenetico we really do live in a small world...my son is named Quinn also. Another interesting fact is that we live in Anchorage, AK and he was born here. However, he wasn't name after the Bob Dylan song "Quinn the Eskimo", I just liked the name plus he is part Irish:) Haven't met to many guys or boys with that name, lets hope it stays unique and doesn't become so popular that every other boy is named Quinn.:p

14. Ian

Ian Commodore

15. Ian

Ian Commodore

My Pirating logbook: I sailed solo for quite sometime not knowing what to do or how to play, it was quite some time before I decided to join my first Guild: '7 Kingdoms'. This was a quiet guild with no chat and no promotions and not knowing any better I persisted until I found the forum.

There were many active members in the forum and it didn't take long before I realised there was something better out there. After some searching I PM'd @Christy and was takened into 'Red Flag Fleet 2'. Proving my worth I moved to 'Red Flag Fleet' and own my gaming experience and honours to @Christy and the many ranking members of RFF.

As like many members, holding PR of 900+ took its toll and I needed a break. Rather than leave @Tiger Claw (Midnight Raiders) took me in and that's where I learned to love the game again. Midnight was a growing guild and before too long I was honoured to help @awbo set up Midnights 2nd guild and 1st rumbling guild 'Midnight Rumbles'

As the Alliance continued to grow we saw a need to create a training guild and with some coaxing from the members I created 'Midnight Rampage'; I continue to Captain a strong guild focusing on helping the younger members grow and develop their own focus in this great game with the assistance of my long serving QM's @Dianne's Isle & T7

Currently at 842 days and no thought of easing back. I want to thank the members here and those mentioned above for helping me on my journey.

16. I went with something I have created my whole life. Havoc..the Incarnate just adds to how much trouble I can be. Lol..1st Baby Base I made was named Reaper to strike fear into the bases I crushed with it. Gave that base to a good friend when he lost his old base. When new guild was created Havoc's Hellions was suggested cause we wanted more rumbles. So when baby base was made I created Hell Spawn to match with it. My other name was going to be Chaos cause it fit with Havoc.
    Great thread Lady!

17. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

My first pirate name was Squid's Fleet, as a previous pirate game I had downloaded you controlled a fleet of ships and the Marines on the amphibious assault ship I was on called us Sailors "squid". Since I learned the only fleet of ships I'd control would be the Pirate Ship for sailing, Guild Ship and the Trade Ship that docks at the Legendary Fort. I decided to change it to something similarly fitting. Being a Shellback, sailed many seas on three different platforms, there's the "Sea" and my passion for my country (God, Family, Country) and there's "Patriot" - thus you have "Sea Patriot". I also like naval history and all things related as well.

18. Juggernaut

Juggernaut First Mate

I came from a game called Sensei Wars, my previous name has always been Kratos, came to PP after Nicko found it and started the defunct PU, needed a new name since I was trying to blend in with them cause we were rivals in SW, so I went with my fav X-men "The Juggernaut"

19. Christy

Christy Commodore

I always preferred Wolverine :Do_O:):cool: Must be the claws o_O

20. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Personally I'm an ex-Epic fan, so the name came from there. If those who used to play Epic still remember, Bomb had a class called Sea Dog, and the highest rank was 'Master Sea Dog" (before mastery). Thus my name came from there, as I thought Ultimate Sea Dog sounded better than Master Sea Dog:)