When to deploy Bombers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by porrig, Jan 6, 2015.

1. porrig

porrig Crew

Hi everyone,

I've just upgraded my bomber to get the special ability and I'm wondering when most people deploy them and set off the ability. They still seem a little lightweight to me (hit points and damage both on 130) so I don't want to deploy them too soon and get them killed before they can set off the Kaboom.

I've used them twice so far, and both times I sent my juggernauts and gunners in first to clear a space through any walls and initial defences.

Cheers!

2. Bombers are your way to break thru the wall. I first deploy juggernauts to distract the first defense. When they have aggro I release 10 bombers. They are the fastest in breaking down walls after the wall breaking upgrade, make sure you have it!
    But take heed! The ultimate ability Kaboooom is not what it seems..! Use it wisely as it stuns all nearby troops for a decent amount of time.
    I rarely use it because of this reason.
    When can you use it? If you're bombers are under attack of enemy defenses and need to do quick damage to walls, and while not being surrounded by many troops.
    Thats how I use them. I love them, use them in every raid I do!

3. porrig

porrig Crew

Thanks. I just used them again, and this time sent them in earlier, just after I'd sent some juggernauts a little further up the coast. They certainly do well taking out a chunk of wall. I had noticed they tend to stun nearby troops as well, but its a fun ability to set off and see what happens.

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  4. Captain MetaTauta

Captain MetaTauta First Mate

Make a tavern full and pull the plug! Fun ensues

Christy and porrig like this.
  5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

What I do is this:

Deploy my Juggs in a line along where I plan to send my gunners.
    Immediately Deploy my Brutes in two locations away from the Juggs, but close to the town defenses.
    A few seconds before the Brutes start taking fire, I deploy my Bombers behind the Juggs
    I let the Bombers run close to the town walls, and before they begin taking fire, I hit the Brutes Bring It On skill
    This lets the Bombers run (relatively) safely to the walls and start doing their thing.
    I quickly deploy a pile of Gunners and a WD where I dropped the Juggs/Bombers.
    After this, the bombers will have taken fire, and will start their crazy suicidal run. This is pretty much the only time Kabooom does anything useful. So, I wait for them to run between buildings or defenses, and trigger Kabooom. Whatever they're running between gets hurt, or goes away.
    By now, the gunners have arrived. I trigger their skill and let them go to work.

Bear, Burnz, Christy and 3 others like this.
  6. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

Nothing more to contribute here, thanks Kelani for taking everything I was going to say :(.

For fun you can unleash nothing but Bombers and shout Allahu Akbar on some unsuspecting island :) Expensive yes but a fun way to ditch some Grog if you have to, then share the replay to let everyone in on the laughs.

Christy likes this.
  7. Bad joke after hearing the news about what's happened in France.. It's bad.:(

8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Good to know that my go-to strategy sounds reasonable to everyone, and isn't getting tons of LOL. REALLY??! U N00B! comment. :) Thanks, all!

9. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

LOL. REALLY??! U NOOB!

Kelani likes this.
  10. Christy

Christy Commodore

OK seriously laughed out loud on that one :D

11. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Thats a good write up Kel, thank you!

Kelani likes this.