Witch Doctor killer

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by Superenigmatix, Mar 16, 2017.

1. How about a new defense that targets Witch Doctors only, like a guided cannon ball that hunts them down. It might change the "two heavy gunners and a witch doctor" attack which everyone uses and is becoming old hat.

Upgrades could be increased detection distance and amount of damage done. Plus invisibilty so it cant be targeted beforehand.

2. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

That would be way to OP imo. WD are already extremely expensive, and to use more than 1 (2 at the most) wouldn't even be feesable based on the amount of loot available above rank 500. Even if it wasn't invisible you WD doesn't have much health, so it would be insta death. It is impossible to attack maxed bases without a WD and I mean it. I would never ever win a battle without the WD. Out of curiosity what level are you @Superenigmatix? I'm definitely not opposed to certain defences targeting certain troops and I don't disagree with your comment about the WD, HG combo. I just dont think this is the way to solve it.

3. Ian

Ian Commodore

Maybe Voodoo Hall 8 could include a Spell Turret. Targeting not only WD's but anything Gastly.. (Priestess's, Skellies & GG's, etc) :rolleyes:

Range: similar to a Mortar or Mystic Mortar
    Effect: lightening bolt
    Damage: direct

4. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

Voodoo hall? Care to enlighten me?

5. Ian

Ian Commodore

@Bjays92 Well the PH has defences (gun turrets) why shouldn't the Voodoo Hall contain defences as well? I was thinking of some sort of Spell that targets only Voodoo Hall Pirates.

6. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

Ah, you mean voodoo hut :) ok I wasn't quite sure. PH and voodoo hut are slightly different, so I'm not sure how well I would see that working, I think I would rather a separate defence that targets voodoo troops as it give us something new to play with, bit mayb this is just me :confused:

7. Ian

Ian Commodore

@Bjays92 yes, I was proposing different defences specific for WD's and other Voodoo troops, where you house it is up for debate :) But, whilst responding and supporting a variation in the the game as proposed by @Superenigmatix .

Personally, if I was to target a specific Pirate it wouldn't be the WD. For me, I would look at something to slow the Thief down.. She is both my favoured & feared Pirate. But then again I farm/streak mostly. When I get hit significantly it is usually by a large number of Thieves; she is also the most efficient at stripping a base of its loot and leaving them with nothing but a smile and only 39% damage :eek:

Bjays92 likes this.
  8. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

For me, a defence to target gg's would be nice as they are really powerful and target defences themselves

Ian likes this.
  9. Ian

Ian Commodore

Would agree on that point.

Bjays92 likes this.
  10. Hi i'm ph11 with nearly maxed troops and everything else, i hardly ever use WDs or HGs, im more into thieves and ghastly gunner raids :). I dont use the normal layout on my island, prefer to try and trick people, but mainly fail! Very hard to defend against that combo especially if all the traps have been set off by the first attack which i win more often than i expect. Just thought a wd killer would be a nice change up. Can always make them very expensive too!

Ian and Bjays92 like this.
  11. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

Good to know, do you find it easy getting 3 stars with that combo and at what rank?

12. I just want your gold and grog, not so interested in rank these days. I do streak every know and then when ive saved up a few gems. I can three star some bases. Mainly im just collecting so i can upgrade my LPs. I love caeser because he's awesome at sneaky raids.

Ian and Bjays92 like this.
  13. Ian

Ian Commodore

Sub 100PR: I can 3 star most PH9 and most PH10's with Gunners, Bombers, GG's and lots of Thieves. Max'd PH11's I mainly just target the loot and avoid those Thief-proof layouts.

Bjays92 likes this.
  14. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

But there would be no way for you to 3 star bases 500PR+ without a WD right. I've never seen someone do it

15. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

Ahh I see. For heavy rumblers and those in the higher ranks, WD is a necessity guess that's why I wasn't too fond of the idea :)

16. Nooooooooo dont kill my babies!

peg-brain bob, Ian and Bjays92 like this.
  17. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

That's what I felt like when u said kill the WD lmao;)

Superenigmatix likes this.
  18. Ian

Ian Commodore

Agree @Bjays92 in the higher ranks and PH's WD's do come into their own and worth their high price.

19. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

how about make a WD killer a rearmable trap that costs grog... and needs around the cost of 5 WDs per full rearm? That'll make people want to think if they want it or not.

20. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

Not a bad idea. Maxed out islands could probably still afford it, still would be less than 1m