Witch doctors raises the dead?

Discussion in 'Battle Strategies' started by MorganFlint, Dec 12, 2018.

1. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

The witch doctor “second chances” says it ‘Raises the dead’, and we know the skellies and ghastlies can resurrect as themselves, and the others rise as skeletons, but the WDs don’t seem to be able to resurrect aeronauts. I can’t find anything in game or the forum that explains if some troops can’t be resurrected. However, lately I notice the WD will be standing by a pile of aeronaut skeletons and they don’t wiggle or rise. @Lynsey [Midoki] can you clarify that aeros can’t be resurrected or if I need to send a ticket?

Black-ish Beard likes this.
  2. laaafish

laaafish Crew

I don't think it's just aeros, I've had some not wiggle even though they hadn't been revived before.

3. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

I will take a look, but they're supposed to be resurrectable. That said, as has always been the case, sometimes skeletons can't be revived if they land in a location with 'bad navigation' data. I'm not sure about the exact details, it's been a long time since it was explained to me - IIRC, it generally happens if the unit dies on a knockback attack (ie mine or mortar) and gets knocked out of the navigable routes. Aeronauts may be more likely to land in these sorts of locations, due to being able to bypass the usual navigation protocols as they're airborne.

4. Lynsey [Midoki]

I've checked this and the Witch Doctor can raise Aeronaut skeletons, as long as they've not landed somewhere iffy (for example, if they die before an object is destroyed, or just as its being destroyed, then sometimes they'll struggle to resurrect due to their corpses landing inside a non-navigable area).

5. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Thanks for the reply. If I can post video here I will and I’ll watch more closely and send tickets if it keeps happening.

6. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

7. Lynsey [Midoki]

Ah, yes - they landed inside the grog storage, before it had been destroyed.