Zoom Level Stays the Same When Pushing Next

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by Super-Nor, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

I know I posted this a while back but it may have been in another enhancement idea message.

When I take the time to zoom out on my first island view when trying to battle I would love for the view to stay zoomed out for subsequent islands.

Even if this was just forgotten when the program closed that would mean one zoom out instead of constantly doing it every screen. Frankly, I need to see the big picture first, not the center of the island.

850arrr likes this.
  2. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Think I suggested this also. As well as when viewing your own base. That one should be on the master list, and so should this one :)

Super-Nor likes this.
  3. the Hornet

the Hornet Powder Monkey

This is my biggest gripe with the game. I don't understand why, when deciding to attack an island, you would want to be zoomed in at the beginning. Having to zoom out every time is a right royal pain in the rs.

Kelani and Super-Nor like this.
  4. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

Having posted this yet again in another thread, I ask why why why can't the battle view simply open zoomed all the way out?????

I checked and between my two islands I have battled over 40k times, and one can assume I did not battle the first island every time, so that means I have had to do this POINTLESS process well over 50k times.

Can anyone think of a reason the zoom level is not all the way out or at least remembered after the first time I set it on my device?

Do other people start battling with the screen zoomed in? Since many play on phones this must be like a view of a single building.

Is this making Midoki money in some way I don't understand?

Happy plundering to all.

5. I would like this to happen too.

6. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

I would love islands to load zoomed right out - the number of times I miss rogue outhouses (due to this) beggars belief! :rolleyes:;)

I would therefore suggest that the reason it starts zoomed in - is simply to catch out incompetent pirates like me! :oops::confused:

7. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

I also agree with this! Constantly zooming out is a royal pain. This is just one of those simple QOL improvements that I would love to see implemented @Lynsey [Midoki] is there any chance this suggestion could be taken into consideration?

8. Ian

Ian Commodore

+1 from me too.. nexting would be a little easier, if it was Zoomed out to start with.

On the other side, as a defender, it would be nice to be able to set the initial 'view' that opponents see when nexting. Showing them a preferred view (hiding that GP behind the PH) would be nice too. :rolleyes:

9. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

=1... Midoki should make a content-free update for all these QoL updates. That'll earn a gem pack from me.

10. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

Bump.

Come on, at least say Midoki will not fix this or something. Yes, I know I used the word "fix", and they probably do not consider it broken.

peg-brain bob and 850arrr like this.
  11. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

As a programmer, if I wrote something that required almost every single user to do the same thing almost every single time they performed a task that they had to perform many times a day I would feel it was broken.

Example:

I write a program that shows a report, and it shows a 10 page report. Only 1 out of 1000 times are people interested in the top part of the report, but I require them to scroll to the bottom for the summary information they want every other time. After this report was used for a day, or before production users got this, my users or testers would have requested the report be scrolled to the bottom at the time of display to save them lots of time. This is not laziness - it is efficiency.

Come on! Since gem-to-win rumbles will never change (tsk tsk) this is my cause du jour. :D

peg-brain bob and Superenigmatix like this.
  12. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

+1 hear hear

The campaign to end rogue outhouses starts here! :p:D

Seawitch likes this.
  13. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

Still wish it was zoomed out by default, or remembered the user's last zoom level.

Even zoomed out all the way the corners cannot be seen on my iPad, so all the "four corners of crappers" bases have the strategic advantage they deserve.