Stacking builders on a project

Discussion in 'Build Improvements' started by omnipotence20, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

This idea is a must! :) I support it.

2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I see this as a potential problem - unfinished projects everywhere just stacking up and never being finished. You know, like a husband's honey do lists :)

3. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

I've been running 4 builders and haven't had a problem with any of them just standing around. My other account only has 2 and it feels so slow with buildings just sitting there begging me to give them some attention and I have to say, "Hold on I'm busy" or "Not tonight I have a headache." This idea does sound interesting though and would be interesting to see how it would be implemented.

4. If you have 4 builders who are hardly ever idle you're either buying gems or have been playing long enough to have a good raiding party and have earned the gems as rewards to get the fourth builder. I got my PH to lvl 5 today and I have 3 builders. I wanted the 300,000 grog reward for having 2 Bunkers and could have saved a lot of time if I could have used all 3 to finish that fast then got onto the other new buildings at regular speed.

5. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

I bought 2 builders on PH 2 and gemmed some buildings that had about 30 minutes left, I don't skip a whole building process. Mainly on my raids I resource snipe and don't even bother if it's under 70K a raid on PH 4, normally I aim for 100K per raid. I went to PH 4 two days ago and I'm already upgrading to PH 5 since I only have a few collectors left to upgrade but it did take 2 full days.

6. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Oh wow, @ll DarkZero ll - you just made me see why they'd never do this. It's a revenue killer. We use gems sometimes to speed production, why would they remove a way for us to use gems and potentially spend money? Maybe if we used gems to boost builders speeds? :)

7. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

That's what I use Gems for most of the time, speeding up Recruiting times. In CoC that's all I ever spend Gems on and wish they would do boosting instead of spending them only one 1 Group because I won't keep doing that so that means loss of revenue.

8. Bear

Bear Commodore

Great idea!

9. Rob

Rob Powder Monkey

I agree great idea

10. agreed! but maybe limit it to 2 builders max on a project so those of us without 4 builders can still actively compete?

11. Bear

Bear Commodore

I don't think you should limit it to 2. People gem those builder huts for the advantages. Don't want to take away the very few lasting benefits to buying gems.

12. Smelly_Vile

Smelly_Vile First Mate

Gonna give my support to this great proposal then :)

13. md_da-44

md_da-44 Powder Monkey

I support this, think its a great idea

14. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Should already be on the master list, in which case this thread is kinda pointless :)

15. Oak Doak

Oak Doak Crew

Yeah I like this idea too. More builders shorter time waiting on builds.

16. Nizno

Nizno Crew

I like this idea!

17. Strike

Strike Crew

PERFECT IDEA:):):):):):):)

18. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

Brilliant idea to through more builders at a build, but if they have the ability to strike I want the ability to hang, draw, and quarter them! And then get more co-operative builders!

Kelani likes this.
  19. Tex

Tex Commodore

I support this too. @Edward Kenway how about supporting limiting signature size so it doesn't get out of control? We are bagging n other players who have outrageously large signatures, but frankly, your signature is the largest on the forum. How would you feel f we all adopted a signature as tall vertically as yours? Serious question. Perhaps you will respond this time. Otherwise I will beef up my signature to match. What do you say?

20. BILLYBARU

BILLYBARU Crew

The flip side to all this is Midoki should implement some natural disasters so we would always need our builders for something. After a massive attack everything springs back to life, really? Our islands should need upkeep. A baby Kraken comes ashore and wipes out a chunk of your island! Stuff like that. Right now my builders are in a grog coma since update. Just sayin....