Stacking builders on a project

Discussion in 'Build Improvements' started by omnipotence20, Sep 27, 2014.

1. omnipotence20

omnipotence20 Powder Monkey

Would we be able to get the functionality to stack multiple builders on a single project to decrease the build time? That lvl 6 pirate hall would take, say a 2 days with 4 builders instead of 7 days with 1 builder. :)

2. Razor

Razor Crew

Hmmm makes sense, in the real world you wouldn't have just one person building a house, that would take a long time, however if you had multiple people working on a house it will take less time than one person. I like this idea :)

3. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Yes that is something we have looked into before. It probably isn't a massive change to the code, so if there is a lot of interest and support for the idea, it is perhaps something that could be included in a future update

alebvk, Smelly_Vile, Goodcat and 3 others like this.
  4. Razor

Razor Crew

Yay, haha imagine when a new Pirate Hall comes out and the maxed players use all their builders on it and get it way quicker, that would be awesome!

5. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

This would be nice because you would have to think of a strategy of how many builders to put on an upgrade and such.
    This may be a bit op because build times would go down like crazy. A way to balance this out would be not cutting a build in half with two builders but 40% or so.

6. willigar

willigar Powder Monkey

Awesome idea. I love it

7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Same here. i'd love to see this. I realize why the wait times exist, but it is a bit silly to have one builder kicked back drinking grog while the second one's busy pounding nails. :)

Pirate Fear likes this.
  8. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

I love how we compare this to real life...

9. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

In order to make it fair for those with only 2 builders, what about charging a small percentage extra per builder to add onto the project. That would allow multiple builders and some balance to rushed jobs

10. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

So, basically, unionize the builders? I love it. :)

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  11. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

You never know...they could go on strike!

12. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

That would be a new world event - builders go on strike and form a tiny picket line

Captain Monkey and Kelani like this.
  13. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

It would sure be a new concept!

14. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

As long as they also try to keep invaders from crossing their picket line, I'm perfectly fine with that. :)

15. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

And the picket line goes across your whole base :)

16. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Love it. And why not upgrades?

Level 1: Megaphone. Stuns invading pirates for 5 seconds
    Level 2: Big Sticks +5 dmg to anyone crossing the line
    Level 3: Super Megaphone: +10 dmg and invaders are thrown back to the water line

and so the magic users don't feel left out...

Level 4: Beyond the Grave: Jimmy Hoffa's ghost appears, terrifying invaders for +15 dmg, and a 50%/50% chance to stun or flee in terror for 10 seconds.

Seawitch and Gangrene Beard like this.
  17. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

1% chance for "sleep with the fishes" where one invading pirate gets special shoes

Kelani likes this.
  18. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

19. Jun

Jun First Mate

I like this idea as well. Chris, an additional idea was the ability to pause construction. Especially with the whole re-arming mines question..

AmericanPirate likes this.
  20. That is a great idea especially if you have insufficient resources for another project but a builder spare!