[1.9.1 - 2.0.0] Font / Text Label Bug (Warning, Cannot Be Unseen)

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by c00ni, Jul 12, 2015.

1. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

In pretty much all areas where text appears, some particular characters are cropped a couple of pixels if they appear as the last character.
    It's of particular concern with the lower case letter f:
    [​IMG]
    Messy, but just wanted to show it all in one image. The f is cropped and appears almost like an awkward letter t. Shown are the chat box, leaderboard, small hamburger menu on leaderboard and profile page title.

Problematic characters I've noticed:
    f
    r
    y
    N
    W

Edit: as @awbo pointed out, the problem also exists at the first character position too.
    Upon further thought/inspection it appears the game is setting the bounds of the text area according to kerning next to something like a period character that's only a couple of pixels high and sits on the bottom.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
    Skye likes this.
  2. awbo

awbo Captain

This also happens with letters at the beginning such as 'J'. Because of the slant, the bottom part is cropped so it looks like an 'I'.

Skye and c00ni like this.
  3. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

Ah good pick up @awbo ! But the bottom isn't cropped, it's that the left few pixels are cropped.

awbo likes this.
  4. awbo

awbo Captain

I paid gems to change my pirate name because of this, everyone thought I was 'IJ' :(

Btw, this has been the case since the start of the game.

Kelani likes this.
  5. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

This issue persists through 2.0.0.