[1.9.1] GFX Bug (Warning, Cannot Un-See) - Gun Towers Range Circle Drawn With Insufficient Alpha

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by c00ni, Jul 9, 2015.

1. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

*cries*
    [​IMG]
    (As in, it's not see-through enough)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    Lynsey [Midoki] likes this.
  2. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

I was dismayed to learn in the document that @Lynsey [Midoki] sent around that
    so I guess I have to attempt to solve it for you guys...

Firstly, the problem does not apply to only Level 9+ Gun Towers. Level 7+ Gun Towers (when they gain the third gun) is when the bug is most noticeable but actually it affects even Level 1 Gun Towers.

The problem is because the game draws overlapping equal translucent circles for each gun in the Gun Tower. Stacked alpha layers become less and less transparent.
    One single circle:
    [​IMG]

Two overlapping circles:
    [​IMG]

Three overlapping circles:
    [​IMG]
    A ship actually shows this effect all by itself because it has three guns that overlap at an offset. You can see zones that are single layer (where the red is lightest), zones that are double layer (a bit darker) and zones that are triple layer (darkest):
    [​IMG]
    The solution is actually pretty easy. Make the Gun Towers only render one of it's gun's range circles.

Bou Regreg likes this.
  3. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Hi c00i

Is this just a visual issue or is there some negative impact to this? :confused:

TiGeR

4. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

Just a visual issue.

5. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

I really didn't even think twice about the transparency difference until you pointed it out. Now I understand better what your saying. Your solution does seem simple enough.

TiGeR