100% Destruction but failed?

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Lady, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Lady

Lady Powder Monkey

Hello! I fought a person and got 100% destruction, but when the screen popped up that gives you the battle summary, it said I only had 18% destruction and lost Pirate Ranking. I'm not sure if it's slow internet or what, but I just wanted to put it out there in case it's a possible bug, or if anyone else's experienced this. :)

Attached Files:

2. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

This usually happens when the connection is lost mid way through the fight. The game continues with the fight, but because there is no further communication with the server so data is transferred. I would check your WIFI of 3G connection is stable

3. Lady

Lady Powder Monkey

Alright, cool. Just making sure it wasn't a problem. Thanks! :)

4. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

I've had this a few times, and it wasn't my connection. Not recently, but the game would freeze mid attack. I'd level them and drop 14 points on a loss. Log would show I didn't launch any pirates at all. Saw this happen to others attacking me, players who should have levelled my didn't launch any pirates at all and I won. Figure it's been equal as far as pirate level.

5. Eli

Eli Powder Monkey

Hello
    My pirates kept fighting when time was over (let's say another 5 seconds) and got 100% destruction
    The summary had been showing 95% destruction tho
    Lol Im not complaining about that 5% but thought it would be useful for you to know

Lady likes this.
  6. @Eli Sometimes it happens just a little lag with the server

@Salty Snack Maybe your phone or iPad is overloaded or something like that? I only experienced something like that once. Just when I wanted to drop my troops the game froze and crashed. Logs showed I didn't deploy any troops and lost. But my game froze because someone was texting me and that messaged popped up.

7. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

Too many entities I guess.

8. Red Rat

Red Rat Powder Monkey

Now the hell is this?...
    I have a good connection to begin with.

I 3-star an enemy, get all the loot and in the end the aftermath is - as it should be, total destruction 20BP and so on.
    I then return to home, rank went up and so did loot but after a while I sign in again only to find that my rank has dropped double-time but I still have the loot.
    Also the log that first showed 100%, now shows 0% instead though I still have the loot. So what's up with that? Frustrating as hell...

9. Have you been attacked in the time you where away? Also the logs are still a bit shaky due to server capacity. So that is a possibility.

10. Red Rat

Red Rat Powder Monkey

Possibility it stays, as I wasn't really away, only got a glass of water from the kitchen, is all :p Last defensive log record is from 19hrs back

11. Ah well.. That makes it a bit weirder yes.. @Chris [Midoki] might shed some light in this issue.

12. Admin [Midoki]

It sounds like when the game is minimised the game state is not being passed back to the server in its entirety. If you say the connection was OK, it may be down to something else. If you can PM me with more details, player name and ID, time of day this happened, we can take a look at the server records. Thanks!

13. Red Rat

Red Rat Powder Monkey

Ah thanks a bunch Chris but I'm certain you have much better use for your time right now. I'm not gonna whine over one lost battle :p Just threw in my 2 cents and maybe if this happens again, I might wanna take a closer look. Let's just call it a misfortune caused by Kraken :) Thanks guys for the replies!

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  14. Admin [Midoki]

No problem. We do our best to help out when we can, so please, if it does happen again PM and let me know :)

15. Moonie

Moonie Powder Monkey

I had the same thing happen too. I'm on very fast Wifi, with 100% connection to it. Never lost connection (Plunder Pirates isn't allowed to use cellular data so a message will pop saying disconnected, even during a battle, it's a data hog lol), and went from 100% destruction to nothing.

16. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

The same problem causes another weird event. I've had 2-3 battles where I'm trying to reach 50% destruction as the timer is running out. The PH will fall with 2-3 seconds left, long enough for me to see the PH Destroyed screen pop up, then the battle times out, and...I get a big Defeat screen. :/