Discussion in 'Rumbles' started by flyingdoucheman, Apr 2, 2016.

1. flyingdoucheman

flyingdoucheman Magical Banner Wizard

amended

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  2. John56

John56 First Mate

I always assumed 420 Pirates was on Midoki's payroll... :)

Kamikazemug likes this.
  3. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

No game can run unless there are players that have high interest in the game, and wish to play more than others. Also, everyone has their own budget, on what they can spend, and put into the game. Plunder Pirates is a free game, meaning the only way it's really going to make money is if we players purchase those gems. You're correct, that some of the game's future does depend on us, and most of us want to make the game better. People criticize and critique in forums so that Midoki constantly knows what to fix, add, and has player input. We don't want to make enough wind. We want to keep the game alive, and perhaps expand in the future. Why be so negative, instead of just enjoying the game? You don't necessarily have to keep up with all the gemmers and such. Play at your own pace, and enjoy!

Juggernaut likes this.
  4. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Apologies @FlyingDoucheman if I have misunderstood you, but...

Unfortunately if the 'house of cards' (built upon real money being spent) were to be collapsed (by no-one spending) - the result would be fairly simple: the devs would move onto different projects and the game would be removed from the hosting servers. :(

A far better plan therefore is to accept that time reduction generates income & rejoice over elements that don't 'require' reduction - like the new events! :)

5. Skye

Skye Commodore

Wait, who's rumbling who here?

A free player could put up 10-15k in a day if they attacked hourly every hour they weren't asleep, which over 50 members, would be 500-750k points. Not many rumbles need anywhere near that amount of dedication, and a majority of players aren't spending huge amounts.

Not all gems used are bought; a good portion of mine are earned (rewards from easier rumbles, quests, and sailing) which are then fed back into the system when a tough rumble shows up.

Some purchases are necessary to keep the game funded, or it would shut down, but I think Midoki has been more than generous with how much you can accomplish for free - only very difficult rumbles need spending, and only if you care about winning every single time - you could easily sit out a tough rumble and only fight the battles you can win for free, as almost every one can be won for free. You can max your base for free, explore the map for free, achieve a leaderboard rank for free (I'm pretty sure c00ni doesn't spend and he hit #1 in his local region), beat any base with an army recruited for free, even the sailing event was easily completable for free. The only pay to win aspect is very high end rumbles, which happen very rarely and is not the sole focus of the game.

Yes, using gems makes the game easier, but you don't have to spend to get gems, and you don't have to use gems every single day.

Fil, John56, Dog Breath and 1 other person like this.
  6. Tex

Tex Commodore

You must be smokin' too much hooch at 420 to be throwing out these ridiculous conspiracy theories.

7. flyingdoucheman

Very good points, Well said. Would you pass the bong please?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    850arrr likes this.
  8. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

So what if Dead Reckoning is full with players that have the ability to put up scores of 100k or more if needed? Are you trying to single out our guild here, or discourage people from investing money in the game, and purchasing gems? Where do you want the game to even go?? I don't understand what you're trying to say here douche. If you got anything against the members in DR, speak up.

Skye and cmooneey like this.
  9. flyingdoucheman

Golly gee Skillz , You gotta chill.

10. cmooneey

cmooneey First Mate

@Skillzone10 it must be tough being half the age, all while still respectfully representing the alliance you represent. Cheers to you.... at least 420 will have plenty of colorful banner and avatar suggestions coming their way... I'm sure there is a lot more pictures of leafy greens than Dead Pirates on google search.

holashorty, Fil and Skillzone10 like this.
  11. Fil

Fil Captain

Midoki better give me a raise after all of this... o_O

12. holashorty

holashorty Crew

Interesting... There was never any talk of a "gem conspiracy" during your time in DR or DS. If it is really such a problem, why not speak out then?

How do you propose to pay salaries of developers of the game for new content, if there isn't an option to spend some real money on the game?

When did it become a problem to spend money on activities you enjoy? Do you accost people who go to the movies and get popcorn, or people who have seats behind home plate for a baseball game?

Seriously this is all silly. If you don't want to spend money, then don't. If you do, then go ahead. No one is making the choice for you.

John56, cmooneey, Skye and 1 other person like this.
  13. Fil

Fil Captain

I see that you "like" the OP @Christy

Which part do you like and agree with?

The part about the leaders of top guilds being Midoki plants masterminding a gem spending spree theory or the part about organizing to starve the game to teach those greedy Midoki folks a lesson by collapsing their house of cards?

Or perhaps both?

cmooneey and Skye like this.
  14. Fil

Fil Captain

By that like of my post above, i will assume its both then.

You can remove the likes but the screenshots live on...ijs

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
    holashorty and Skye like this.
  15. Skye

Skye Commodore

I feel like Fil is Neagan and someone is getting their season ended.

leschueft and holashorty like this.
  16. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

All @FlyingDoucheman is doing here is whining, because Midoki didn't recruit him onto the team and give him a few million gems...:rolleyes:

17. flyingdoucheman

You're a gem fer sure. Folks & game uncles so proud.