[2.0.1] Skipped Academy Skills

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by c00ni, Sep 15, 2015.

1. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

Received this from a guild member. Also saw someone else post something similar on the public slack group earlier.

[​IMG]

@SitFlyer_ did you actually train the +3 that appears skipped or do you not remember..?

2. SaK

SaK First Mate

Yes...u can skip that intentionally...it's a known fact to all I guess...did u find it lately

3. John56

John56 First Mate

Just curious, is there a reason to skip that training? I saw a post about skipping 2 training spots for the Witch Doctor as they added 10,000 to the training cost, but I don't see an advantage to skipping this one. It doesn't seem to add much to the recruitment cost.

4. Skye

Skye Commodore

The only advantage I can think of is to get the max level skill 3.5 days faster and then go back for the minor upgrade later.

5. SaK

SaK First Mate

And also, if u don't want ur wd to become expensive u can skip unimportant training.

6. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

In the early days, skipping certain WD upgrades made sense when they added 50k grog to the recruitment costs. Not sure that is true any longer since Midoki revised the recruitment costs of the WD. General consensus now seems to be the extra strength is worth the extra 10k in grog. I don't know of any top players skipping the WD upgrades any longer.

7. SitFlyer_

SitFlyer_ Crew

I have not trained the that skipped item.

8. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

Most of you guys are missing the point.
    The bug here is that you can't skip a skill immediately preceding another skill with only one path to it.
    The +3 damage at the bottom is not meant to be skippable to access the +5 damage after it.

9. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

We've seen this before (it's pretty rare, but Battle Guy had it happen on his account) - it's curiously limited only to the Sky Raider as far as we've seen, and we're looking into it at the moment.

c00ni likes this.
  10. SaK

SaK First Mate

Ah....now I noticed! Ya never seen that.

11. Ian

Ian Commodore

@c00ni is right. It's not a matter of the benefits of skipping, or even if you should / or when, to finished off the missed training packages. The point is you shouldn't be able to there is a clear sequential path in training and therefore skipping is a bug.

awbo likes this.