[2.2] Android update bugs & issues

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Lynsey [Midoki], Oct 29, 2015.

1. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Let's have them!

Known issues

* Overlapping image on Streak FAQ when FAQ is viewed on the first Streak screen

2. Lnds500

Lnds500 Powder Monkey

I have been trying to play on my Android phone but the game always hangs at the end of the tutorial, right after i pick a name. I already have an established base on my iPad and all i am trying to do is to connect to that.

Btw, established players should not have to go through the tutorial, we need an option before the tutorial starts.

3. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Ahoy Lnds500,

What device and version of Android are you playing on?

4. Lnds500

Lnds500 Powder Monkey

LG Spirit 4G
    Android 5.0.1

5. RESH

RESH Powder Monkey

After update 29-10-2015, i can't open/update this app. Google play said that my device not compatible, i used xperia M (cusrom CM12.1). Before update this app worked well, please fix it.

pantura likes this.
  6. Frink9

Frink9 Powder Monkey

Same thing for me. My device HTC 601 Desire DS. Before also crashed more but i can play. After new update i cant update. Writing "device not compatible" please fix

7. Frink9

Frink9 Powder Monkey

I downloaded app from google search and install manually.so during loading app is clousing. Device: HTC DESIRE 601 Dual Sim ---- Android version: Jelly Bean MR1 4.2.2 ---- GPU Renderer: VideoCore 4HW

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  8. Dynablox

Dynablox Powder Monkey

Recently, the halloween update has caused some trouble over plunder pirates.
    The game starts to crash on my phone sometimes, especially when attacking someone, when a few seconds into the battle, the game just crash.
    I'm totally annoyed by this, as if this keeps going on, i could lose my ranks at a pretty fast rate.
    By the way, this is not the first time i'm posting this, and you staffs must fix this, as i'm not alone with this problem.
    Two also have reported this problem on this forum of mine right here.

I hope you got noted of this, since perhaps a number out there have this very annoying crashing issue.

9. nomadicarus

nomadicarus Powder Monkey

2015-11-11
    Cyanogenmod 12.1-20150925 (Android 5.1 Lollipop core)
    Oneplus One 64Gb

Issue: I can no longer streak battles

Blurb
    I had to remove the app and re-install (two devices, both had same island loaded).
    After this, having re-loaded my island from code, I can no longer streak battles.

Expected behaviour
    Go on plunder mission,
    click quick re-purchase pirates,
    wait,
    click continue streak...
    ?
    ...prosper

Actual behaviour
    Go on plunder mission,
    click quick re-purchase pirates,
    wait,
    a) unlock phone screen
    get splash screen,
    reconnect to server,
    load home base - no streak.

b) click the nag message (ahoy there's more a plundering to be had)
    get splash screen,
    reconnect to server,
    load home base - no streak.

It doesn't matter if I adjust mobile's screen time-out settings or return to app from sleep / home screen.
    I keep get re-routed to home base rather than to the continue/start streak option.

Have I gone nuts?
    Been playing only 4 days but have I already forgotten some mystical menu that leads to plunder streaks?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  10. moeran2003

moeran2003 Powder Monkey

also i have LG optimus 9 and i have the same problem, so what can i do??

11. nomadicarus

right; interim workaround for anyone in the same situation.
    1. select your raiders
    2. elect to fight the first opponent you're presented
    3. surrender: without deploying any pirates
    4. select 'fight again'
    you're now locked into streaks again, at no cost of recruitment.

12. Skye

Skye Commodore

This is because your screen is locking. Sit there and swipe at it once a minute until its done rehiring so it doesn't lock or timeout, or gem it, and you won't have that issue anymore. Streak victories shouldn't count anymore if you lock your screen or leave the app between battles, following last week's server patch. Even if you forfeit to start the streak instantly (which gives you a free buff), letting the screen lock or timeout between battles will cause your previous battle to not count as a win, so your streak victories won't increase if you lock between every fight. Streaks are intended to be done in one playsession.

13. nomadicarus

I was going to ask about the fact that the victories are not tallying; quite a shame really as I won't be gemming or keeping my phone unlocked for the full recruitment time.

Many thanks for your response, quite elucidating.