[2.5.1]iOS Bugs and issues thread

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Lynsey [Midoki], Feb 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Bugs and issues for the latest version.

2. Raider

Raider Powder Monkey

Not sure if its intentional or not, but theres is an extra row of outfits for each lp in the collections menu in the fort. I didnt read anything about new outfits in notes...

3. Skye

Skye Commodore

I think they're placeholders to get ready for future outfits (maybe this year's seasonal ones). The art assets and names don't appear to be in the game yet, but I doubt its a bug.

4. Raider

Raider Powder Monkey

They really should hire you.. Thanks capn skye

5. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Skye's not wrong, extra spaces have been added for future Outfits!

6. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Warning the following cannot be 'unseen'

Black Bart's recovery animation is missing some frames and therefore skips/jumps :eek:

7. Tesh

Tesh Powder Monkey

I open th game on iPad and it crashes. Please fix

8. Fonilala

Fonilala Powder Monkey

Same here Tesh :/

9. Tesh

Tesh Powder Monkey

Team is in a rumble and I can't help. This sucks ☹

10. ZombieKing

ZombieKing Powder Monkey

Rumbling on android phone. Now plunder points are <200 max. No way will we catch first unless this is resolved.

11. Skye

Skye Commodore

I take it from your post you just changed to a different device (unsure why android ended up in the iOS bug section)

What is likely happening, is you already played the game on two devices (perhaps an iphone and ipad) and recently switched to an android phone from your iphone. Since this counts as a third device being used in the near-past, points will be halved temporarily. If you go a bit of time with only using two devices to play the game, the points will go back to normal. I'm unsure how long it takes, but its probably around a day.

You only get full points if you have connected to the game with 2 or less different devices in the near-past. This change was announced and has been active for over a month now. Since a phone and tablet is pretty standard, 2 devices is ok, but there isn't much reason to need to allow a third. Its this way to help prevent players from sharing accounts - in the past, several guilds would have many members, over a dozen in some cases, share the same account so it could be online 24/7, since one of the members would always be free to play it, and putting up unfair scores. So now for every extra device used recently over 2, the points are halved.

This can be a temporary setback when moving to a new device (such as switching phones, if you already use two devices). In that instance, I'd suggest stop using the old phone to log in a day before moving to your new phone, so only 1 device has been active recently, or to stop using the tablet the day before and only use the phone, again to lower the count of recent devices. The other suggestion would be to just not load the game on the new phone until over a day after getting rid of the old device and only use the tablet in the meantime. Of course, if you don't care about plunder points (between rumbles and not competing for scoreboard), its not going to matter if you wait, but for competitive players, those are options that work within the system.

It will likely automatically revert to normal points by the end of the weekend if you have stopped using a third device.

12. ZombieKing

ZombieKing Powder Monkey

Thanks Skye,
    Nothing really has changed. I only have my profile loaded on 2 devices (iPad & android phone) for months (6 or more). Problems with the iPad app crashing on start up occurred at around 2pm EST for me. From looking at my posts from my guild members, it appears to have started earlier (not to sure of the exact time).

I'm at a loss to why, i.e. there has been no up date, but it seems like all this has happened to all my guild members with iOS.

13. Skye

Skye Commodore

It may be related to that then, maybe something errored during connection and caused it to think it was a third device?
    I was just giving the most likely answer. My iPhone hasn't been crashing - could that be perhaps a regional/isp related issue (given you're guildmates, it is possible you're from similar areas)? The other day comcast users on the west coast couldn't connect for about an hour or so.

14. ZombieKing

ZombieKing Powder Monkey

Good advice, Comcast can be a pain in my horse every once an a while. Tryed connecting to hotspot (Verizon) and had the same issue. The game loads to the starting the game and right befor I see playing field it will crash.

Most of my guild members are US based, scattered throughout time zones and I have been messaging them in the forum. It odd because it shows that they have logged on (few min) but they are get it no the same crash right before full start up. Some of out Asian and European players are online but I can't communicate to them well to ask what OS they are running.

I'm at a loss. We were in a rumble at the time and I was getting >600 pp per battle. Once the "issue" occurred 200 pp was rare and 73 pp was the norm.

I finally found a good group to be with. Great stress relief playing the game and chatting to players. Would hate to see it fall apart.

15. Fonilala

Fonilala Powder Monkey

I am from germany and I had this problem about 9h ago on iPad and iPhone. After it shows 'connecting to server' the app crashes.

16. ZombieKing

ZombieKing Powder Monkey

Seemed the issue was tied into the rumble that was underway. As soon as the rumble concluded iOS apps worked again and didn't crash.
    Very odd.

17. BlueDaisy

BlueDaisy Powder Monkey

I can't login to the game.Download Error: problem downloading game assets.

18. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Send an email to support@rovio.com explaining the problem. Include the following details: your island name, guild name (if applicable), device model name & operating system version (if you know it).

Good luck! :)

19. Ian

Ian Commodore

1. Follow @peg-brain bob post above
    2. See I you can log in on another device (iPhone/iPad if you have one linked)
    3. Clear your memory (double tap home button then swipe up)
    4. Reboot your device
    Good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.