2.6.0 Update is causing account sharing point reduction

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Skye, May 4, 2016.

1. Skye

Skye Commodore

For some reason, several users in our guild with 2 devices have been having their points cut after updating.

My proposed theory is that when the game updates, it is generating a new UUID and counting as a new devices, so if they already had 2, it counts them as a third and fourth device after the update, halving and then quartering points.

2. awbo

awbo Captain

That's exactly what happened to me. I played on my iPad and the points were halved. I thought if I updated my second device it might fix it, but of course my points have now been quartered. We are in a rumble too, thank goodness it's an easy one.

3. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Captain

Same thing has happened to me and I'm PISSED!! Kind of hard to chase the leader board with my points halved!! WTF!!!

4. Ebow

Ebow Crew

It happens to me too...

5. Skye

Skye Commodore

Maintenance fixed this issue :)

Tessa Rose and HornyQuokka like this.
  6. ElFrenetico

ElFrenetico Captain

Just wondering about this feature... Does anyone know whether it's the number of devices installed or the number of devices used in a single rumble that determines this?

I already have my account active on my phone and a tablet as backup. Wondering, if I install it on a third device but only ever use one in each rumble, whether I have anything to worry about.

Thanks!
    -Mike

7. Skye

Skye Commodore

It depends on how many have logged into the game in the last day-ish. If you install it on a third device, but don't ever log in on the second/third device, it won't happen. And if you do log in on too many, it will return to normal after about 18 hours of not having used more than 2.

ElFrenetico likes this.
  8. ElFrenetico

ElFrenetico Captain

Great - I don't know what's more impressive... the fact that Midoki implemented it so well, or the fact that you knew that. :) Thanks!

Skye likes this.
  9. Skye

Skye Commodore

Reinstalling the game on the same device counts as a second one, and I did two reinstalls once trying to get an alt on my spare phone, so my points had been cut temporarily as that counted as three devices. Somewhere between 12 and 18 hours the points returned to normal. Easy enough to figure out from that :)