5 Million Pirates!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Admin [Midoki], Dec 9, 2014.

1. Landon

Landon First Mate

Rawr! More bases for me to plunder!! :mad::D

Edward Kenway likes this.
  2. TBird

TBird Captain

5 Million bases, but I still get the same 6 bases to cycle thru when I get over 700 :(

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  3. LadyoftheSea

LadyoftheSea Powder Monkey

Good job. I'm one of the 5mill.

Captain Hakjka likes this.
  4. mana

mana Crew

Congratulations!

5. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I think we need to wait a while so all the newcomers can lvl up, once they do, the top leader board will look very different.
    Atm only the top players have a chance to stay that high, and most of them started at launch. Give it some time and it will look different soon enough.

6. Roserio

Roserio First Mate

congrats! this game is the best game I've ever played after starcraft!, please let the balance of the each units and keep patching like the starcraft did. Great work Midoki!

7. AngryBeard

AngryBeard Community Manager

Wow, that's an honorable comparison! I am a big fan of SC too :)

8. Roserio

Roserio First Mate

It's fun to see that every country has a different advocacy(likes) on games...
    because of their characters of the nation.

USA like a game such as a game with some scenarios..with stories...like movie,
    Japan like a game with some enduring, waiting stuffs...such as monster hunter...(but this game was failure in US..)
    ...etc..
    But Korea like instant(quick) games with fast results, such as SC(15~20min..per game) with nice features..
    and I think, Plunder pirates has some similarty in playing.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    For SC, when you google you can easily find that strangely in South Korea, Starcraft was a mega hit,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StarCraft:_Brood_War
    "As of 31 May 2007, StarCraft and Brood War have sold almost ten million copies combined.[6] The game is especially popular in South Korea, where professional players and teams participated in matches, earned sponsorships, and competed in televised matches."
    "After its release, StarCraft, along with its expansion Brood War, rapidly grew in popularity in South Korea, establishing a successful professional gaming scene.[18]"

Lost Captain likes this.
  9. Lost Captain

Lost Captain Powder Monkey

Congratulations on 5M, keep up the good work. I like this game. It is so cool. :)

10. Lost Captain

Lost Captain Powder Monkey

First, Thanks for your great tips. I am reading and upgrading my pirate island thanks to you.

Second, I love strategy games like SC and Age of Empires I,II and III, where you counter effectively the units and can comeback from behind from surprise attacks even if your partner in a 4 by 4 dies off early.

I used to be a gaming player of the original Navyfield online game, and was a member of one of game user fleets,

one of my collegues nickname windwolf, who had super fast finger tips, and so like he could fire Main 16 inch guns and,

sub 5 inch back and forth while at the same time, could be taking care of anti air guns swithching to AA ammo and dodging dive bombers and torpedo bombers, subs torps etc,

at speed of light, so enemies were literally melted down, with one shot and one kill at fast rate of fire, even when out numbered like being the only battleship left.

The reason why I mention this is that, I wonder if there ever would be a multi P V P system like Navyfield in Plunder Pirates which I like a lot, like 128 people against 128 in Navyfield, a few years ago.

Once again, congratulations on 5 M, wish it becomes 10M soon. Hurray~~~ :)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  11. Captain Didwell

Captain Didwell First Mate

x2 x2 x2. .. . 20m in this year or more.!!!

Sad to tell that I am not one of this. . :(:(:(

12. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

Just plundered the 5,000,001 player who just joined )

13. rj veldman

rj veldman Powder Monkey

Nice job rovio and midoki for 5 million pirates as i am a heavy gunner i will not cry over this vast acomplishment

14. PIET HEIN

PIET HEIN Powder Monkey

i know im verry old, and i don't understand everything anymore, but could someone explain this, peeps talk about 5 m, but i can c only 2115 members (i c on forum) ??

15. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

My take on it is that the 5m is the ppl who downloaded game. Most will have got bored or felt it is not for them so active players will be in the hundreds of thousands rather than millions.
    The forum requires separate registration and most ppl will not bother, I'm no expert but expect perhaps 1 to 2% will register on forum.

16. PIET HEIN

PIET HEIN Powder Monkey

ok tnx !

17. Resarf

Resarf Captain

5m hey, then why at rank 1 am I ranked 2.95m.

Are there another 2.05m also ranked 1 below me, I think not.

I think if you took out all inactive players, it would be closer to 2m

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  18. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Lots of people don't even play, some just create an account, play for 5min and quit.
    And the rank at PR1 can never be accurate since there are so many at that specific rank 1, so basically its just randomized.
    Atm i'm at rank 1, and for me it says 800 000k

19. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

It could also be a shared rank, as in 2.05m players are ranked at 1

20. Daredevile Pirate Guild

Daredevile Pirate Guild Powder Monkey

How can I get this pirates !!? :( :)