5 star fish

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Captain MetaTauta, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Captain MetaTauta

Captain MetaTauta First Mate

Recent five star fish battle produced battered chest with a "treasure" of 20k grog, 2 gun powder, and 20 EP. This seems quite unreasonable for the 70 army loss it took in battle. Any thoughts!????

2. porrig

porrig Crew

You were lucky to get 2 gunpowder. I've had quite a few 4 and 5 star battles that result in a mixture of small amounts of EP, gold and grog.

Are you sure you lost 70 pirates in that battle though? Surely that would have been a defeat. Take a look at the mix of pirates you're using. If you have a few Brutes, a few Juggs, a WD and a mix of the rest you shouldn't lose that many (depending on how well trained they are).

My pirates are all maxed now, but my exploring crew consists of: 5 brutes, 5 juggs, 2 WD, 2 Priestess, 5 bombers, 5 skyraiders, 4 buccs, 3 skellys and the rest gunners. Even when having four or five battles per voyage (always ending with a 4 or 5* something) I rarely lose more than half.

3. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

We're looking at both bumping up the rewards for the 2 and 5 star battles, as well as possibly slightly lowering the difficulty. However as porrig has said, if you're PH8+ and you've got a few tanks and a WD on board, you shouldn't lose your entire army on one battle. If you're only taking gunners or buccaneers, you're likely to get crunched because they are, quite frankly, delicious.

4. I earlier used to hunt 4* and 5* fishes for BP but now I got for 5* sea serpent because they now yield more BP then fishes. This might be helpful for those who are in serious need of BP. Anyways, thanks for the info @Lynsey [Midoki]

AcProt likes this.
  5. Cap'nSmellyBeard

Cap'nSmellyBeard First Mate

I used to go for Some and 5 star creatures too, but now I just go after all the 1 stars to get chests(9/10 its geog, a material and gold).

6. bucket

bucket First Mate

I have found out that the sea serpent that is five stars pays out bp surprising well. Most of the time I get between 500-700 bp plus a nominal amount of grog and raw garnet for Annabelle. As for losing troops, I got some advice awhile back from skye that if you are going after monsters load up on brutes to the max which is 17 if you have 70 tavern slots and 2 gunners. This works extremely well. If you are going after ships other than the ghost ship load up on bucs and gunners with a few brutes. I always bring a witch doctor as well because sometime it reduces the amount of loss, but sometimes you lose him to a 1 star shark or ship. Just the luck of the draw. Hope this helps you on your journey through the world of plunder pirates.

7. nomi7409

nomi7409 Crew

Hey guys. Can you recommend me the crew (limit 60) for besting 5 star serpent and fish?

8. @nomi7409 Load up your ships with all brutes and rest gunners. you'll defeat the 5* serpent easily. But only take them if they have a exploration skill which inflicts more damage to monsters at sea. If your brutes have that sk ill, you'll defeat the serpent easily.
    Juggernauts have a serpent slayer skill which makes the juggernauts inflict more damage to serpents only. If you take only Juggernauts, your troops recruitment cost will be high.
    So, I'd say take all brutes and rest gunners.
    i have max brutes (academy 8) and i defeat the serpent easily while saving half for my next voyage.
    Hope that helps you @nomi7409

AcProt likes this.
  9. nomi7409

nomi7409 Crew

Thanks mate for replying. Yeah my brutes have that skill. But i have tavern limit of 60 so can only train 15, but it shows dangerous flag on 5 star serpent. I am PH 7 and having hard time gathering BP.

10. Marmaladesix

Marmaladesix First Mate

Serpents are tough. A mix that's worked for me is 2-3 brutes, 2-3 jugs, 2-3 raiders, 1-2 WDs, maybe 10 gunners and the rest buccs. They all have the relevant exploration skills trained and most are pretty high level (though it be topped training buccs ages ago) and it seems to work.

11. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

PH7? But you'll be able to have a 65 slot tavern!
    With full max AC6 queue up as many brutes as possible and 1 gunner and you'll be safe. Otherwise you might wanna use a WD:) that'll help a lot.

12. nomi7409

nomi7409 Crew

Somehow managed to kill 5 star serpent with tavern limit 65 and got 800 bp from it. Guys kill it for BP.
    I am trying to farm BP, but unfortunately i forgot the crew composition, can you recommend a setup? I just remember i used 6 brutes and cant remeber for the life of me other crew members.

13. Marmaladesix

Marmaladesix First Mate

A lot of times it's purely about numbers and less about which crew. I typically take out 2-3 brutes, 2-3 juggs, 2-3 raiders, a handful of gunners, 1-2 WDs and the rest low level buccs. Works 99.9%.

14. nomi7409

nomi7409 Crew

I have tried various setups but getting dangerous flag.

15. nomi7409

nomi7409 Crew

Ok i will try and let you know, i guess its may be because i have level 4 academy, currently its upgrading to lvl 5.

16. Marmaladesix

Marmaladesix First Mate

Yeah, you may need to wait for your troops to get a bit stronger first. Good luck!

17. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

Also a strong ship is a must. Upgrade it a soon as it is feasible. My exploring crew is 15 buccs, 15 gunners, and 10 brutes. If I am going for a ghost ship I will switch in some raiders. I find that a cheap crew is better than an expensive crew that may or may not last longer.