65 slot strategy

Discussion in 'Battle Strategies' started by Brightley, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Brightley

Brightley Powder Monkey

So I've been looking to play around with different generic troop setups, the one I usually use is;

1x Witch Doctor
    2x Heavy gunner
    6x Brute
    29x Gunner

Just wanted to know what works for other people, as I want to try some new tactics out.

2. bucket

bucket First Mate

Here is the setup that I usually use;

1x Witch Doctor
    4x Brutes
    6x Juggs
    1x Heavy gunner
    8x Bombers
    16x Gunners

Sometimes I leave out the HG and add more gunners. This setup has seemed to work fairly well for me.

3. My lay out I have been using most:
    7 juggernauts
    10 bombers
    1 WD
    8 skyraiders
    24 gunners

But currently i'm experimenting with the following loud out:
    15 gunners
    18 bombers
    1 WD
    5 juggernauts
    3 heavy gunners

4. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

I consistently use, and have gotten into the 800's with:
    1x Witch Doctor
    3x Juggernauts
    6x Skellywags
    8x Bombers
    40x Gunners

Plus on the Guild Ship:
    1x Witch Doctor
    8x Bombers

With my PH7/Academy5/VH2 account in the 300's, I use:
    2x Witch Doctor
    5x Juggernauts
    8x Bombers
    38x Gunners

Plus gunners the Guild Ship.

5. Bear

Bear Commodore

I change mine up still trying to figure out my attack strategy. But most recently I have

5 juggs
    2 WD
    15 bombers
    8 sky raiders
    The rest guns, and guns on the guild ship.

6. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

65 bombers. lol
    I use:
    2 WD
    2 HG
    2 Juggs
    4 Brutes
    8 Bombers
    21 gunners
    + Guild Ship whatever

I generally split this into two attack points and use the guild ship troops for outlying structures of cleanup. And this takes roughly 45 minutes without gemming at current troop levels.

7. thomssi

thomssi First Mate

Will you stick with this if the kaboom thing goes away or change gs?

Suppose all may change anyway depending on what update holds....

Anyway, I generally use
    25 gunners,
    3 brutes
    4 raiders
    2 wds
    4 hgs

8. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

For Farming

I like maximizing my tavern with 65 low cost troops. I usually get 3-4 attacks in per every load out against reasonably and/or well defended bases. The sacrifice is losing the attack and dropping rank. Not a bad plan of action when upgrades are still available.

10x Buccaneers (used to attack gun towers)
    55x Gunners (used to hit the collectors and/or storage)

Rank Climbing

20x Gunners
    6x Juggernauts
    10x Bombers
    2x Witch Doctors
    13x Skellwags

TiGeR

9. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Yes, I don't need the kaboom bug. When I last got up to the 800's, it was using the same number of troops except I would take a WD and gunners on the guild ship. A single 15-bomber kaboom will take care of pretty much any wall problem. I am guessing the loss of the resurrect bug is going to affect people more.

10. Ian

Ian Commodore

Whilst I agree that as a good player and respected tactician, you don't need it... But you are more than happy to use it while it's available (along with other well known players). Oh, that's right exploiting a known bug is technically not cheating. But am saddened to see so many players exploiting this known bug.....

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  11. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Yes, after seeing it time and time again in defense replays, including many from your "no bug using here" guild (since you seem to like calling the kettle black derailing other threads in the process). Everyone is using the bug for WD, Bomber, even Brute now, the leaderboard is defined by people using it, Midoki has said they don't consider it wrong to use it, and so sometimes I have. I more often do not need it, and when I have played with it it has not generally secured my wins. Once the next update comes out and these bugs are fixed, the leaderboard will rebalance itself as those relying on the bug fall, and those who don't rise. I don't know about you but I am looking forward to it.

12. thomssi

thomssi First Mate

Ok, guys.

While I know from elsewhere that Raptelan makes use of this feature, this was not mean't to finger point. Many people use it all over the place, that's why I alluded to it rather than mentioned it explicitly. Personally I'd rather people didn't but given Midoki changed the thief as it was sufficiently important to alter game mechanics significantly, they didn't here as it wasn't, then fair enough for the moment. Besides which, if you just happen to have whichever in your GS you may not want to use simultaneously. Less so with bombers but more with WDs I guess, I'd be pretty hacked off activating WD in middle of nowhere with no corpses around when I didn't want to as still have recycle time between them.

The point alluded to, to re-state it rather more explicitly, which I am sure Raptelan understood anyway, was:

Do you use that GS (and for that matter regular) troop make up because of the "feature" or would you use it anyway?

Question was answered.

If it was going to vary then the answer to the OP would become redundant imminently and follow up then would be what will you use?

13. Ian

Ian Commodore

Am sorry for derailing thread, but to clarify, yes I know others (including our own) use it, but it does not make it right.
    Sorry, I don't use it (or any other bug/glitch, etc) and have suffered for it and yes you used it successfully on me a number of times to secure 2 stars wins although with in all honest you don't need to; I consider your playing skills and tactical ability to be up there with the best.
    Yes, like you I look forward to seeing the game being played the way it was meant to be, not the way it can be played. [Rant over]

Back on thread: (my apologies @Brightley) when,
    Pushing rank I use:
    12 Gunners
    12 Bomber
    2 Brutes
    3 Juggs
    4 Heavy Gunners
    2 Witch Doctors

Farming: (usually not all deployed)
    13 Gunners
    10 Bomber
    10 Skellies
    8 Raiders
    2 Brutes
    3 Juggs
    1 Heavy Gunners
    1 Witch Doctors

Guild Ship: 10 gunners (all the time - unless donated by mistake)

Raptelan likes this.