70 slot strategy

Discussion in 'Battle Strategies' started by Becker Redbeard, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

So now that we have 70 slots in the new tavern, time to update the 65 slot strategy post!
    I'm not there yet and must return to work, you go first.

2. Bear

Bear Commodore

I'm thinking I'll just have 5 more gunners than usual. I always feel like I need a few more.

Raptelan and Becker Redbeard like this.
  3. I think gunners too, especially when they have the 20% bonus on their "on target" skill. That looks interesting.
    (increased damage for Kabooom also but I already use 15 bombers which is already pretty BOOMMMMYYY)

awbo likes this.
  4. Skye

Skye Commodore

10 juggs 2 WD 8 HG 6 gunners is likely an easy 1*

For an actual strategic thought-

If you don't want to destroy walls:
    10 gunners - for clearing side buildings
    1 brute each on ship and on gs (this is really important to countering GP, they have separate ability timers, and you can distract a GP for a good 10 seconds while other things sneak by)
    2 WD
    6 juggs
    8 HG - outrange the hell out of things.

If you want to destroy walls:
    6 juggs
    2 wd
    13 bombers (kaboom! - less is necessary if you let them throw their bombs, 5 should destroy a wall fully before they switch targets)
    7 HG
    10 gunners

If you need more survivability, swap some dps for juggs
    If you need more dps, kill gunners/bombers for hg, as they generally average more dps per slot over average time alive

My favorite fun-time strat is to have one brute on ship/gs to distract things, 2 wd, and just flood the base with 68 skellies. Its hella fun to watch and if you keep mortars/gp away with brutes, they'll shred things. They usually die in large packets too, which means resurrection works amazing.

awbo likes this.
  5. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Really people should wait until they have built Training Ground 2 and Blacksmith 4 before settling on new troops, it makes a big difference! As well Academy 8 trainings...

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  6. I agree the additional +50 toughness boost is better then any upgraded troop. It's an increase of 100% effectiveness of the TG! And it's pretty cheap as well!

7. In my opinion you are really wasting resources here with all those Heavy Gunners, but hey that's my opinion.. Oh and two Witch Doctors are unnecessary too imo.
    The only thing they then do is make sure they are not near each others which usually means one goes on a suicide mission with a single troop that is wandering away (into GP or bunker territory)

8. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

My idea:
    Army for showing off:
    5 Bucs
    5 Gunners
    3 Brutes
    5 Thieves
    5 Sky Raiders
    5 Bombers
    4 WD
    3 Jugg
    5 Skelly (or 10 if you wanna exclude the Bucs)
    3 Priestess
    3 HG

9. Now that we have three Mystic Mortars, the Skeelywag ,in my opinion, will be a neceseary troop if you want to have a chanse against those PH9.So here is my idea:
    3 brutes(you can switch the brutes for more juggs);
    5 juggernauts;
    7 bombers for the walls;
    16 gunners;
    1 WD for protection(you can drop him if you want more skeelywags);
    18 skeelywags;

10. Bear

Bear Commodore

I've been rather successful with
    20 skellies
    2wd
    10 bombers