A 10% attack was recorded as a 74% loss

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Natty_E, May 26, 2016.

1. Natty_E

Natty_E Powder Monkey

I was just attacked and the log said it was a 74% loss but the replay only showed 10% destruction. My guild members confirmed the video and I also received a 12 hour shield and had to reset several traps that were untouched. When I logged into the game it showed my whole island being rebuilt.

2. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Log is correct, replay is not. Is known issue, but the extent of divergence and fact it occurred after Thunderstruck Event was over might be of interest to @Lynsey [Midoki]

3. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

My replays are still hit and miss as well. They are much better than before but sometimes aren't even close.

4. Skye

Skye Commodore

Other things that can cause probably replay divergence (unsure of which ones still do, but in the past I believe these all did):
    -if the attacker had streak buffs
    -an LP with an outfit that buffs troops (especially if it wasn't deployed and just sitting in the troop lineup the whole fight - this still buffs troops despite not being deployed, but I'm not sure the log will know it was present. Even if it was deployed, the replay may not be applying the buff until it appears)
    -if troops were deployed on the fort, especially if they are hit with splash damage while on the fort. The fort causes all sorts of weird things to happen, I believe it makes the game think troops are at different places than they currently appear, since if you activate Tinto's buff right as he lands on it, the red circle will appear in a different location, and it is more than conceivable that this could screw up a replay.

Is the replay consistent across multiple replays? Do androids display it differently than iOS devices? I've seen cases where my iPhone gets it wrong but a droid gets it right, and the other way around as well. And I've also seen cases where you can watch the replay multiple times and different things happen each time. Try watching it at 1x speed, and again at 4x speed as well, its possible playing it fast is causing rounding errors somewhere.

5. Natty_E

Natty_E Powder Monkey

Yer I tried watching at different speeds but I get the same thing.

6. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

A lot of my guild mates and myself are getting weird gold and grog stats during the replay. It says pirate rank is zero and shows what looks like the total gold and grog being plundered from the opposing guild.

7. Skye

Skye Commodore

These are the default uninitialized values when it doesn't fully retrieve all the data necessary. 0 rank and I believe unsigned int max (2^32-1) gold/grog.

8. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Yep that's it, but why is it doing that? I'm seeing it a lot more than usual these past couple weeks.

9. Skye

Skye Commodore

My best guess is a very minor connection issue, as so many of the things wrong in the game are explained away that way.