A few ideas

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Gangrene Beard, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Some requests

1. Individual world rank(number)
    2. Guild world rank.

Currently both of these only show if you're in the top 200 players or top 100 guilds, but what if you're not? There's no way to know exactly how far you off yet.

3. Hyperlinks within chat - any way to have them function without a huge overhaul to the coding?
    4. can the name of a stronghold still be made visible after it has been defeated?

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON., Christy and Bear like this.
  2. Captain Monkey

Captain Monkey First Mate

I very very much like these suggestions. I'm always wondering where i rank.

Christy likes this.
  3. Bear

Bear Commodore

Love the ideas. Especially #1 #2 #3 and #4. :)

Christy and Gangrene Beard like this.
  4. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Man... I was just about to finish my list. Like all of them, though. :)

I'd like hyperlinks in chat so I could send members to guild forum/PP forum resources, but if a global chat is added, I think they'd be a liability there. (Spam). So I think a good compromise would be to add them only in Guild chat. At least there, any spammer can be dealt with quickly.

#4 Do you mean the pirate islands, or the actual strongholds? I can see the former, but can you explain what the benefit of this is?

5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

#1 #2 and #4 go on my list. #3 goes on Guild features. I realized this after I typed up an entry, so here ya go :)

Code:
    41. Add hyperlinks in Guild Chat
    Description: This would allow guilds to link to helpful content on their forums, or this forum. If Global chat is added, do not allow hyperlinks there, to prevent spam. 
    Added: Dec 8, 2014 Submitted By: @Gangrene Beard
    http://forum.plunderpirates.com/index.php?threads/a-few-ideas.2854/

6. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I mean the strongholds, reason being is after I've finished them a Guildmate may ask where a certain one is. I have no way of looking and verifying where it is at this time without just going to the forums

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Gotcha. That would be good. I'd also like to see the Pirate's name on the Fight popup. For the destroyed ones, especially those named "Pirate Stronghold", maybe have a red X or something?

8. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Agreed

9. Neckbeard

Neckbeard Crew

I'd be delighted with any/all of these ideas.

Instead of just the name being visible though, how about being able to replay map battles we already won? The loot would have to stay looted or we would have an unlimited source of easy loot. But we could retry each battle and try to earn more stars. The best attack on each map (so no more than 3 stars per each) would add into a star total displayed on the map screen. Then quest rewards could be handed out for reaching milestones in your star total.

Not an original idea, I know, but it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to implement either.

10. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Replays are in the works(confirmed by Chris)

11. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Do you mean strongholds will regenerate? That's a feature on my list.

12. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Yeah / that's what I was talking about. That's it. I'm finding the Chris quote right bow

13. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Boom. There you go @Kelani

Kelani likes this.
  14. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Awesome. Thanks! People call me Keloogle for my search skills, but I bow to Gangroogle. :D

Gangrene Beard likes this.