A few more ideas

Discussion in 'Guild Improvements' started by Kelani, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I know this one's been suggested, but I think it's a much-needed addition:

1. Show guild members' Last Active date. My guild has a lot of people who either don't speak English, or who don't chat, and that's fine. But I have no way of knowing whether a member is one of those, or isn't playing anymore (I made a spreadsheet, and check all bass once a week. This takes way too much time).

Captains need to know who's no longer playing, so they can make room for active players.

2. Let First Mates update the MOTD, or give Captains the option to allow it.

3. Improve the Level 2 Stonemason. It's just not an attractive upgrade. Everyone in my guild has one, but nobody sees any need to upgrade it.

4. Make it so the Funding Share button is available to Crew. Apparently this is restricted to Captain/First Mate, and honestly, this seems like something that should be delegated to crew.

5. Allow members without the perk building to contribute to a Funding request in chat. Some guys want to help the guild, and who are we to say no? :) Just let them contribute at the standard Level 1 rate. Bonus: This will show captains who is putting the guild's welfare ahead of their own. Good thing to know when considering promotions.

6. On the Guild Roster's Player Name/Guild Rank lines (or anywhere), add these stats:

- Player's current PH level.
    - An icon for each guild perk that player has built.
    - Last active date
    - Date they joined the guild
    - Amount contributed to perks, or a Yes/No for if they've ever contributed.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
    Ryanlittle13 likes this.
  2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

1 - this has been discussed at length. Many have shown interest and they're looking into it. The next update will at least do this:
    2 - don't want to address your crew yourself? :) I can see this being a good idea

3 - considering the cost of the guild hall and stone mason I'm quite sure this is by design.

3. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

@Gangrene Beard Nah, I'm not that much of an elitist that I'd have my staff spread my wisdom to the minions :) Actually, I'm the first mate, and just running things for an absentee captain. But it'd still be nice to use that feature instead of leaving info in chat, which half the guild doesn't use anyway.

Glad to know Last Active has been considered. I don't ask much of my guildlings, but abandoning us to play any of the unnamed candy/fruit destruction games would definitely be a deal-breaker. :)

4. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Yeah, that kinda blows. You could just do what I did and leave a message that you're starting your own guild. 6 of my members came from that first guild

5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I just updated this to add:

Make the Funding - Share button available to Crew
    . I just learned today that it isn't. I can see why it's not, Nobody wants crew spamming requests all day, but under the assumption that you promote people to crew that you trust not to be idiots, this is something that they should be able to do. Captains and First mates can't always be there. This simple duty is perfect for the Crew to handle.

And along those lines

Allow people who don't have a perk building to contribute to a Funding request shared in chat: If lower ranked guys who don't have a building yet still want to help out, who are we to say no? :) Just let them contribute at the Level 1 rate.

Hajkja likes this.
  6. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I like and support both ideas :)

7. Bear

Bear Commodore

+1

8. Hajkja

Hajkja Crew

+1 great idea and gives them good standing in the guild until they get the perk

Captain Hakjka likes this.
  9. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

10. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Added #6 Stats on the Guild Roster, or anywhere they fit.

11. Cap'n Creeperb

Cap'n Creeperb First Mate

Great suggestions!

12. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I like all of these but I'm afraid that there won't be room to display much else

13. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Yeah, I got excited. On the Guild rank line, there's room for PH, built perks icons, and using a short date, Joined/Last Active

The rest would need to go on a profile page (along with tons more stats). :)

Bear and Gangrene Beard like this.