A few suggestions regarding awesome features

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Kennydictus, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Kennydictus

Kennydictus Powder Monkey

Hello,
    My name is Kenny(Kennydictus) and I play this game with my buddy Aras ( Dirtyace165).
    We tend to sit at my place and then argue wether or not his or my base is better, so here are my suggestion.

Make a " Visit / train mode" in which you can attack/duel friends. There will be no benefits of this what so ever, purely educational.

Also a " Collect all " button would'nt hurt.

Guildwars would be cool, but perhaps this is on its way.

I'll fill up as I think of new features.

Best Regards,

2. SaK

SaK First Mate

nice to hear about ur ideas

1.visit:train mode= has been mentioned earlier and not acceptable because then u can train urself by an island again and again and make urself prepare for that island when ull find it in ur search. think this situation in top leaderboards.
    2. collect all= +1 from me, good idea
    3.guildwars= are on the prioroty

3. Kennydictus

Okey, let me put it this way then.

How about that we allowed to have lets say at PH7, 3-4 different layouts which you've made. Let us be able to prepare defenses and simply change between these.
    This would ALLOW the players to educate themselves, rather than doing it once every hour.
    And what difference does it make if i know how to act in certain situations, since its still all random who you fight?
    I still believe that this is a really good feature.

Collect all also includes travels on map.

4. Tex

Tex Commodore

I'm pretty sure those requuests have already been posted in the forum. Expect a chiding from one of the guild Commodores asking you to search the forums before posting new requests. ;)

5. Don't search the forum before posting, WAIT! WHAT? Dang it I got it wrong, that's why i'm not a Commodore yet...

Gangrene Beard and Tex like this.
  6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

All have been suggested. Last time i checked, all are on the master lists.

7. Tex

Tex Commodore

With that Like I just hit you up with you only need 563 more to go. :)

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  8. Kennydictus

So, I took my time to post this as I find this game funny & wish it to go in the right direction.
    Here I am, and I'm facing all these hostile posts.

I do not care if these suggestion has been brought up before since I think its time to relook the whole thing.
    It does NOT matter if you know a certain tactic in a certain situation since in the end, you'll know them all.

And about leaderboard issue, lets make it a 3 day delay? with that implemented, there are no more issues.

9. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I wish to comment on the "collect all" option. Every single game I've played always heard this suggestion frequently mentioned. Yet, I have yet to see one developer implement it. Is there a developer book of commandments, with the 4th commandment stating "Thou shalt never implement a collect all button in thy game?"

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  10. I think they don't want us to get all lazy and stuff.. ;)

11. We are always happy a loyal player found this forum to add more content to it. And none of the above post are meant to be hostile, that's not how we treat new forum-members.
    Yet, to make sure this content is available for everyone, and easy to find it's best for all of us when someone wants to make a new thread he/she makes sure there isn't a thread about this already.

There are two easy ways to make sure, either with the search function in the top right corner, or by checking the masterlists.
    These lists have the most requested improvements on them to help the developers categorize the need of these improvements, and for us forum users to easily find and support ideas.

Remember we appreciate each and every contributor on this forum, but you're not the first coming here and thinking "the whole thing" needs to get "relooked" at.

Pirate! and Tex like this.
  12. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

@Kennydictus , I can't speak for anyone else, but sorry if my post sounded hostile. I was going for matter-of-fact. :) It's cool that you're taking the time to post feature requests, but one things many people fail to realize (I'm guilty of this as well) is that those brilliant features which come to mind are rarely unique -especially the ones which are obvious improvements. Because of this, the forum was getting hundreds of duplicate feature requests. Imagine a great feature, with lots of good suggestions about it spread out among a half-dozen duplicate threads, and you can see it's impossible for the devs to comb through all that looking for the best ideas.

To make it easier for them, we created the Feature Request Master Lists. Every Ideas and Feature Requests subforum has a sticky topic at the top, which lists all the (viable) features ever posted in that subforum. it also lists which features have been added, which are planned, and which will never be added (and why). A few of us scour the forums and maintain these lists, so the devs can read one post to know what people are asking for. The goal is to get as many features as we can in this game, and this is the most efficient way to do it on a forum (that I know of).

I realize many users aren't aware of this system, so whenever someone posts a feature that's on the master list, we let them know. This saves time for you, as well as for us and the devs, and ensures that no feature request falls through the cracks.