A few suggestions.

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Kelani, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Sorry if any have been suggested before, I read most of the other suggestions just to reduce the risk.

1. When you visit someone's island from your guild roster, then hit return, you're dumped back at your island. This should go back to the guild roster. The leaderboard visit already does this.

2. Just like you can see future skills in the Academy, it'd be nice to be able to see the future stats at each level for buildings and weapons. Some (relatively) expensive upgrades like the lvl 4 Gun tower and lvl 7 cannon offer weak increases, so it'd be helpful for planning if you could see what comes next.

3. I agree with lengthening the countdown before attacking. Doesn't need to be much, 5 seconds would be great. It'd help if the island appeared fully zoomed out at first.

4. One great feature in old games was the ability to exchange resources (your own. not with other people), i.e. exchange 150,000 gold for 100,000 grog, and vice versa. If you have a ton of one resource, but need a ton of the other for an upgrade, this would be useful.

5. Increase the timeout before that inactivity "Hey,Cap'n where'd you go?" popup shows up. In the time it took me to type this message, I've seen him twice.

6. Increase the length of time your attack/defensive logs are saved. The phrase "revenge is a dish best served cold" exists for a reason :)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  2. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Most of these have been discussed.
    Nr.4 will prolly not happen since this will be abused. Chris (the moderator/developer on this forum) said so as well.
    Nr.5 is too avoid people being logged on and avoid being attacked o_O

The rest like the countdown before attacking has also been discussed. Atm as you mention it is way to low:( And also if you choose to surrender even if you have not dropped any troops, you will still lose pirate rank points. In CoC for example you didn't lose any trophies if you never attacked.

3. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Thanks, I figured most of the obvious ones had been mentioned at some point. Just wanted to get them out there. :)

4. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

Who said #6? It is an amazing quote!
    Also. I do like lengthening the countdown to attack. The good thing about a short time is so you get your mind thinking quickly, which is always a plus.

5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

6. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

#1 yes please
    #5 this should be the same length as troup recruitment time, frustrating that it is shorter
    #6 yes please

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Well, Dorothy Parker usually gets credit for being the first to say it that way in English, and she is definitely the Witty Quote Goddess, but it actually dates back to 1782, in the book: Les Liaisons Dangereuses (what the movie Cruel Intentions was based on).

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  8. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Boom.
    @Kelani dropping a knowledge bomb

Kelani likes this.
  9. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I am a storehouse of useless knowledge. :)

But for anyone who hopes to master the art of wit/sarcasm/snarky. Dorothy Parker is required reading.

10. Goodcat

Goodcat Powder Monkey

Take it or leave it, I must offer my support for the ability to convert resources. Even if it is at a severely discounted rate, it would improve game play.

Kelani likes this.