A hard time getting items for LP upgrades... Global Trade is a great solution to this problem...

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Dutchie, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Dutchie

Dutchie First Mate

I know many players are getting frustrated with getting the required items for upgrading their LPs as well as having to 'sell' items for a measly amount of gold because their Storage is already full to the brim.

A great solution to this would be to create a Global Trade Post that enables players to buy/sell items to other players. Pirates didn't just loot, they also traded with other pirates...

Many ways to implement this but there should be a max price that can be set for each item depending if it's common, uncommon, epic or rare...

Just an idea that might alleviate the frustration some players are having trying to collect items they need for the LP upgrades.

Thoughts? @Chris [Midoki] @Lynsey [Midoki]

2. I support this! Either global or guild trading, I would be happy with.

Dutchie likes this.
  3. Cocobean

Cocobean First Mate

Another game I played had the same sort of thing. A general store where you had shelf space to sell 5 different items at a time. You could view the items your guild mates were selling and a separate tab would take you to global sales.

4. Prince Ruprecht

Prince Ruprecht Powder Monkey

In-guild trading would be great

Smelly_Vile likes this.
  5. Ebow

Ebow Crew

I hope!!!

6. Yes please, I haven't managed to upgrade an LP for many weeks. It's not the rare and epic stuff that's a problem its the ordinary materials. Copper, Squid Ink etc - I just get gold and grog (or battered chests that contain just gold and grog and EP) from creatures, never silo material - especially in the eastern seas. Streak chests got downgraded after the last change. If you spend gems on chests you just get the rare and epic stuff or more gold, grog and bl00dy EP.

My Silo is at Max level (and nearly full again), I have all the LPs in my fort so I need all the material types (so why would I throw away stuff that I will probably just get back in the next chest), but when you can't sail, fight or spend gems to get what you need to upgrade LPs, it becomes very dull.

Cpt.Chinchilla likes this.
  7. CaptEmulation

CaptEmulation Powder Monkey

Yes, this is needed. Frustrating to have a silo 50% full that is actually 100% full

8. Skye

Skye Commodore

I'm hopeful the next update will have another silo level.

Skillzone10 likes this.
  9. acersharp1

acersharp1 First Mate

I feel the conversation went like this.

Intern: 'Let's not allow silo upgrade until PH10...that should piss everyone off'
    Rest of staff: 'HAHAHAHA amazing...let's do that.'

Thanks, but as a player who moved to PH 9 very quickly, in less than 90 days, I feel that I am on top end of people progressing through the game and I am closer to SILO 2 than most.

That being said, I am more than peed off about having to wait so long - as I've discarded so many materials already it's plain stupid. It's hard enough to get them, why do I have to trash them. Make an upgrade with X marks the spot or something so I can at least hide them or SOMETHING

10. CaptEmulation

CaptEmulation Powder Monkey

I cry when I have to drop materials.

Cpt.Chinchilla and acersharp1 like this.
  11. Tenrou

Tenrou Crew

That's an awesome idea

12. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

In general there should be no problem with trading materials. Topic has been discussed elsewhere by the way.

There are basically two options trade 1 to 1
    -Commons for commons
    -Rare for rare
    -Epics for epic

The total amount of materials in the game would not in or decrease.
    Only the pace in which LP's would progress would change. So players would be max much faster.

The only requirement would be (personal opinion) that trade can only be done in the guild. Possible with new perk building... Funded by materials :eek:

13. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I believe their intent was to keep LP upgrades slow. That was why there is limited silo space and current drop rates for mats. I can only guess after evaluating game analytics, they determined an increase in silo space was needed and provided it. Or maybe the increase silo space is related to future LP's. Either way, if they wanted us leveling up the LP's faster they would just increase drop rates for ships/creatures/chests. No need for them to offer a trading market (I've played games with a mats trading option and really like the idea for this game). Think realistically, best we can hope for is a bump in drop rates and more of these events offering these event specific chests. Maybe even something where winnings can be shared by all members of the guild who participate. Not sure if a competitive event per se (as much as I like competitive game stuff, but would not be fair for everyone), but something that encourages team work among the guild to achieve a goal. Not a new idea, one that has been suggested prior by some on this forum. And an idea that does fit in with hints given by Midoki long ago on this forum, that there will be more guild type of options (versus individual) offered in the game.

14. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

I get that @Spongee and making it too simple is also not the answer.
    How about using the trade ship then (in combination with a perk building?).

Only during the trade ship you can trade a max amount of items with guild members. Let's say 2-3. Gives you just that feeling of control... :confused: Over speeding up your favorite LP. AGAIN( no items added of deducted and only white other members a few items. Takes a guild to get what you need.

15. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

+1 for that last idea ... :)