A much needed Bunker level 4 update

Discussion in 'Build Improvements' started by Skye, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Skye

Skye Commodore

All of the other defenses have recently seen an update, so here's my proposition for the 4th level bunker:

1) Pretty graphics that match other defenses (visual cohesion is important)

2) Increased range to 14. Current range is 12. The reason for this is HG can shoot at a max of 14 range while walking, so the bunker should be increased to match them, since no other defenses really can. As such a high percentage defense, it shouldn't be snipable. 4 HG can kill a bunker before walking close enough for it to start spinning up, and given that hg are essentially walking around with the bunker gun, they should have equal ranges.

3) 18 damage per bullet. (Gun towers were also 14 and got boosted to 16, but given that bunkers are much more limited in their targeting abilities, 18 seems more reasonable). The reason for this is because WD reduces damage by 11.2, which means current lv3 bunkers only do 2.8 damage per shot while underneath the WD. By increasing this, WD won't completely nullify the defense anymore. Without this, a wd and a jugg can take all 4 bunkers for near a minute straight! Currently bunkers are just free percentage.

4) 5k HP (to match current stores, bunker 3 had the same HP as our old stores).

Fire speed, targetting speed, bunker count, and angle would all be the same.

2 and 3 are the most important, and I really hope they go in a similar visual direction to the rest of the defenses, because I hate having things not match or stand out.

I'm not asking for anything crazy. Just stat upgrades comparable to other structures, similar visual theming, and to balance the range to match HG so they cant be sniped.

2. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Good post as always Skye! +1 on this!
    I'm also glad the OB got an upgrade, it was left out for too long. I would also like to see a new upgrade to the ship, max lvl has been lvl 5 pretty much since launch

Skye likes this.
  3. Bear

Bear Commodore

Great post!

4. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Agreed, my island could use some tougher defenses.

5. I also agree with this idea.