A new page for the Captain to post the Guild Code of conduct

Discussion in 'Guild Improvements' started by Taipanfan, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

So that all crew now what standards to keep up (funding, guild ship pirate donations, etc) and what constitutes reason for being promoted, demoted, kicked out, it would be handy to have a seperate page where the Captain can post his Guild's Code. The few lines available on the guild news page isn't enough to achieve it.

2. Good point! I missed that ability while I was co-captain.

3. Ian

Ian Commodore

Agreed... sounds like a great idea....

4. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Also, please allow us to use hyperlinks in this field!

Basic markdown support would be phenomenal.

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  5. SaK

SaK First Mate

+1from me...
    But is it difficult to implement?because i have never seen in any game chat(game like coc, compass point etc) the hyperlink feature

6. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

I think they just don't want it abused - in chat people would spam a lot... But for captains setting up their guild, I don't think it's a concern. It is not hard to allow if they want to.

SaK likes this.
  7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Love the idea, as well as increasing the length of the MOTD field.

Hyperlinks in chat could be simply restricted to crew (or first mate and captain), spam problem averted.

Bear and Ian like this.
  8. Bear

Bear Commodore

First mate and captain only I'd say

9. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

We have several First Mates in our guild, and while I trust all of them, I think it better to have only one person writing the Code. Maybe the Captain should be able to say what ranks he/she wants to be able to write the code.

Raptelan likes this.
  10. Ian

Ian Commodore

Wasn't there talk of adding an extra rank between Captain and First Mate? If so, this would fit prefectly with this option..

11. Bear

Bear Commodore

Quarter Master. And when I said first mate and captain I was referring to posting links not the code. Captain should set the code.

Raptelan likes this.
  12. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Why would anybody besides the Captain touch the code? First mates advise the Captain, but don't write the laws of conduct for him.

13. Ian

Ian Commodore

Sorry, was referring the the comments MOTD and hyperlinks... Agree, the Guild code should be set by the Captain.

14. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

It would seem we're all in agreement. Let's hope the developers do also.

15. Bear

Bear Commodore

Here here!

16. Christy

Christy Commodore

+1 from me too. I never have enough room to say what I would like on the main guild page.