a "report" button

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by DamianWars, Feb 10, 2015.

1. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

I've recently encountered a players map with weapons hidden inside of other objects. This particular arrangement was more than random and the player is either taking advantage of a bug or has learnt how to hack the map. In either case the map is not functioning how it should and a report button would be a nice add on.

There are more issues than just this and sometimes glitches like pirates getting stuck or weapons shooting at dead pirates. These could all be suitable for a report button. It's just a button that brings the issue to the attention of midoki so they can determine the next action.

The report button could be located with the replays similar to the share button. Instead of posting some words to your guild you would describe the issue and when sent the support team at midoki would get it.

If midoko choose to respond, maybe by reimbursing lost gold/grog they can do so in the message area.

Kelani likes this.
  2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I don't know why this isn't getting play here in the forums. I'm not sure why it isn't on the master list. @Kelani - let's make this happen. Everyone else who follows me, please reply and show your support. In light of recent events with stacking and other suspected glitch-exploiting players I would think that a feature like this would be priority one.

To make it better, a player wouldn't actually be reported to Midoki until they accumulate at least 3 reports against them(consider it a 3 strikes rule). This would greatly increase player satisfaction and could also greatly reduce the number of players using these glitches(or any future glitches that might show up)
    @Lynsey [Midoki] - What's Midoki's stance on a feature like this?

TBird likes this.
  3. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Re...Port. Re...Port. I love it. +3 from me.

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  4. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

My idea is to let midoki sort out the details. The report would be used for abuse and glitches. If midoki wanted to use an internal counter/filter for when someone is actually reported then they can. What might be more clear to midoki is if there is an additional button/switch to clear up if this is an abuse issue or a glitch issue. or they can just rely on the comment the user puts in. This would put more overhead on midoki of course so it is up to them to determine if this is worth it or not.

5. Christy

Christy Commodore

+1 actually more than just 1 :D

6. lady blackbeard

lady blackbeard Captain

There is a report feature on Forum posts. I used it to report offensive posts and the response was almost immediate. The on-line staff must work 24/7.

Kelani likes this.
  7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

What staff? :) I don't think there's anyone whose sole job it is to monitor the forum... well, except all of us weirdos. :)

Still, I agree, they do a very nice job of policing things.

8. Tex

Tex Commodore

9. TBird

TBird Captain

Lynsey's real job title is listed as "Senior Designer at Midoki Ltd"
    Don't think forum babysitter was listed in the job description ...
    She has a real job besides calming all us down about the delayed update.

+1 on the report button

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  10. Tex

Tex Commodore

Just a thought. If they get reported their base is posted to the forum with a description of the abuse so we can help police. Kinda like the wall of shame. To prevent abuse, the person reporting is listed too and false reporters would face their own shaming. I know this isn't likely to be a feature, but it doesn't hurt to dream. :rolleyes:

11. Bear

Bear Commodore

+1 from me

12. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

The wall ashame issue I think is too much. If we the users help police then there is going to be abuse in that system. I see it better left at full discretion with midoki and if someone is abusing the system then midoki has the power to suspend/ban users. If midoki determines the user has made an honest mistake or deserves a second chance then the public shouldn't be aware of this and if a user is banned do we really need to know about it? A wall of shame is not going to make a user more banned or more suspended.

13. Floki

Floki Captain

I finally found the button..
    [​IMG]