Abilities

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by Razor, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Razor

Razor Crew

How about adding abilities to the game, one of them could be called Release the Kraken and it could be unlocked after defeating 10 Krakens or something like that. What it would do is when you are attacking you could touch the icon and tap somewhere on the opponents base and a Kraken would rise from beneath it and do lots of damage.

White Wyvern likes this.
  2. poo

poo Crew

nah it's a water creature. that means it's only attack is the boat/ship

3. Razor

Razor Crew

The idea was to add abilities, I was just suggesting one.

4. poo

poo Crew

well they have abilities. gunners have rapid fire, grunts have that yell thing, thieves has cloak , etc. I think what your saying is that you want a special attack that damages the whole island or in a large scale of damage. for an example. kingdom rush, they have meteors. where u can use wherever and it charges back up

btw there is no need to quote me because it's just you n me talkn :). I'll get the message

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  5. Razor

Razor Crew

What I'm meaning are abilities that have their own icon and can only be used once per battle, like spells in Clash of Clans.

6. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Other abilities beyond those of the pirates is definitely something we could include. We had talked about a giant tentacle that could smash across the island, just like you suggested.
    There's so many great ideas out these it's just finding the time to get them all implemented :) keep them coming though!

7. poo

poo Crew

well since your going to add it. here is my suggestion. #1 raise the dead. its a bunch of dead coming from the waters. #2 nautical fire. the ship circle around the island and fires its canon or it can just sit in a spot and fire its canon and it rains down canon balls. #3 beyond the living. ghost pirates comes from the ground and stun all enemies weapons(canon, mortars, etc) for like 10-20 seconds.

8. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Some nice ideas there. Of course the witch doctor can already raise the dead as one of his abilities, and we have always wanted to include your ship into the battle as a remote bombardment weapon. Targeting specific buildings or troops and letting rip :) Definitely something for future update!

Edward Kenway likes this.
  9. That would be awesome, maybe all the ability's could be from the ship, to give it more priority in battles, like firing a cannonball, a crew member throwing a Molotov and setting fire to 3-5 buildings within tapped radius and can do a fair bit of damage to the buildings affected!

10. What about some sort of grog mist that either heals or amplifies pirates within its reach?

11. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Bombardment!!

12. I like the bombardment notion, but for balance, a "measure" needs a countermeasure. I can think of two:
    1. the ship can be attacked by land based weapons and destroyed and
    2. the ship has to be placed where it could fit.

#1: If the ship is destroyed or damaged, what's the penalty? Loss of a victory star? Maybe, repair cost.
    #2: Perhaps, leaving outcroppings on the island's periphery could be a way to keep bombarding ships at a distance.

IMO, based on reading military history, shore based artillery had a tremendous advantage over ship based artillery. I know PP has voodoo ..., but the kinetic battle is close enough to reality. Please don't do something completely unrealistic.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  13. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I agree with @DobleTippen1st . Keep it simple, realistic in a pirate kinda way. Kraken attacks and things like that just sounds way off imo :/ Keep it somewhat realistic.

DobleTippen1st likes this.
  14. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Parrot Swarm ;)

DobleTippen1st likes this.
  15. Parrot Swarms that land on and poop all over buildings; the poop does the damage. How about defensive Seagull Flocks that repel attacks through their incessant clamoring for bread crumbs.

Parrot countermeasures could include firework dispensing repeaters to scare the Parrots away. Seagull countermeasures could include the special ability to drop bread crumbs to distract the Seagulls.

Image an attack going in with the Parrots flying inward only to be driven back by elaborate fireworks above the battlefield; and the Seagulls flying out to meet the invaders only to be diverted to fight over the bread crumbs left on the beach by the invaders. What a sight that would be.

16. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Mine!mine!mine!mine!mine!mine!

I got it! You deploy a flock of seagulls to help you run, so far away!

Captain MetaTauta likes this.
  17. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Flock of Seagulls....So 80's pop music starts playing and all the attackers kill themselves?

18. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Couldn't get away

Captain MetaTauta likes this.
  19. Yes, but only if they don't have the "Hearing damaged by Grateful Dead" special skill. With that special skill, they go permanently berserk upon hearing the 80's pop music. ;)

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  20. Aukkakan

Aukkakan Powder Monkey

I think if that abilities is AoE better make it damageable to our owns troop that would be fun :)