Ability to queue builds

Discussion in 'Build Improvements' started by DamianWars, Nov 23, 2014.

1. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

It would be nice to have the ability to queue builds that you want to do but either don't have gold/grog or builders to do it. Basically you start a queue for a build you want to happen and when the resources (gold/grog/builders) are available it would start the build automatically. You can monetize the feature by pairing it with the amont of builder huts you have. Maybe for every hut you can queue 1 building or add an upgrade option on the huts to enable the queuing like turning them into more office style buildings... after all the builders are running businesses here it's only natual they start taking orders for future projects.

2. Not a bad idea , my queue would be filled to Max:)

3. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I like the idea, but would you actually be able to prepurchase? I'm worried there'd be no plunder left if you could.

4. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

I suppose there are two scenarios one when you don't have enough gold/grog and you what the builder to start when there is enough, the other is you have enough gold/grog but the builder isn't available so as soon as he is done with his current build he will start it. The latter option could possibly allow the option to prepay which would secure the funds for the build.

The alternative would be the builder wouldn't start until there is enough gold/grog and there would be no prepaying. But if you take the business theme approach a contractor would allow prepaying so why not an upgraded builder hut. Of course if this idea is considered its up to the developers but I do like the prepaying idea.

5. Pre paying bad idea game would suk trying find loot since everyone would pre pay dump loot into pre paying builds ,then sit in high ranks crazy big bases with 50 k at best of gold and grog ...upgrades will grind to halt for everyone in time since no loot be left on the table force to hit lil guys all day for lil bit of grog cuz why waste effort on big base for no reward in loot worth the troops price to build. If its a 1 limit pre pay maybe will work. I know ill raid all day then dump into pre paid stuff and sit back with no gold or grog no one will attack for no resources .

6. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

Maybe to combat this
    A way to combat this is the huts would store the money until it is spent but the money is still up for grabs. So if you destory the huts then you get all the money that is stored inside. This actually would put a new spin on buildings that you want to protect because if your huts are keeping money then you are going to want to protect them. This version however kinda void's the "prepay" option as its just a way of moving money around and would actually offer less protection for the money because it makes more buildings vulnerable. this could be the trade off for using the queuing feature sort of "if you want something you have to give something in return" thing.

I know for me this would be a problem as I have all 4 huts in the far 4 corners away from everything else. If they stored money, especially when purchases can be 2 million or even 4 million I won't want them so vulnerable. One hut could potentially store a huge stoke pile of money. But again it adds interesting twists of stategy. by placing a hut in a protected area they will become targets however if the huts are empty they turn into decoys. If you're right the payoffs could be amazing but if you're wrong it would throw the whole attack.

7. Bear

Bear Commodore

I agree. Loot would dry up to nothing. The only way I see this working is if when 1 que finished, it checked to see if you had enough grog to cover the next que. if you didn't . The que was dumped.

But then again.. It would still eat away at someone sitting on max grog.. thus slowly removing loot while they are offline.

8. karlcheong

karlcheong Powder Monkey

Your idea sounds fair if the queue of building/upgrade is going to be implemented.

My thought is that the current queue system of the tavern did allow the prepay of all troops on the que.
    Why don't make it debit the grog of the unit 1 by 1.
    The system debit the grog of one unit only when the unit start to train.
    If the available grog is not enough then skip to next unit/pause/dump the queue.

by this way, when someone is going to offline with some 50K/100K WD & other 5~10K units on the queue,
    his/her available loots didn't instantly and rapidly decrease.
    This also force most people to keep at least certain percentage more grog than the queue required to prevent the training interruption,
    thus increase the overall available loot of the whole game world.