Ability to save favorite battle replays

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by Raptelan, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

I love sharing replays with my guild. Sometimes, we all have a battle that is really special, and fun to watch. Maybe it's a great and rare accomplishment or just funny, or shows a particular attack against a style of base that you want to use to demonstrate to others. When you have a lot of battles, these quickly disappear from your log before you can share them with members of your guild who were sleeping at the time, and you can never see them again.

I would like the ability to favorite certain attack/defense replays, which would be visible on a new tab in the log screen. There should be a certain number that it is possible to save, after which time you need to delete things to favorite anything new, and it should be possible to re-share these battles for as long as they are kept.

2. ElGordo

ElGordo First Mate

@Raptelan
    You can save replays as quicktime file.
    With modern iOS device directly with Qicktime on an OSX Mac.
    http://www.maclife.com/article/howtos/easy_mac_hacks_record_your_ios_device_screen_quicktime_player

For older devices and Win or Linux OS you could use software like Reflector, which made the PC to an Airplay receiver so you see the iOS device screen on the PC screen.

As video you have not the feature of the replay anymore and can't show in guild chat but better than nothing.

see although http://forum.plunderpirates.com/index.php?threads/save-replays-to-device.1363/#post-14184

3. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

I don't care to save videos, which are large and not easily shared - my request is really for the in-game functionality. I want to be able to re-share things with the guild any time in the future. Battle replay data is small. But thank you for the suggestion.

4. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I'd like this ability also. Or even just a way to Auto-export them to a Youtube/Everplay account. I think it's been suggested before, but I'd like to see it on the list. Moving this to the Battle subforum.

5. I believe it's improvement #1 on the masterlist :)

Kelani likes this.
  6. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Except that I saw that and again, this request is for something quite different from that. I don't want to be able to save replays to the device, upload them to youtube, or anything else other than slightly extend the functionality that's already there in the game by allowing me to favorite some for use only within the game.

7. Tex

Tex Commodore

If the purpose is to save the replay long term, they would also need to fix the issue whenever a new update rolls out. The one where the replay button is unavailable on pre-existing attacks/defenses.

8. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Yep, I thought they were doing that though because they changed the replay logic to try to make it better (though it hasn't worked yet) and didn't want the replays to show differently than before. Still I agree it should be possible to replay them still, even if the logic has been adjusted and the replay is different.