Academy

Discussion in 'Build Improvements' started by Dephicits, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Dephicits

Dephicits Powder Monkey

Can you please get rid of the Battle Point requirements to upgrade the Academy. I'm stuck on level 2 and take FOREVER to earn them. I'm at 533 and I'm only there because I won 500 from battling a Navy Ship. My rank is too high so I'm versing difficult bases with low level pirates. Thanks!

LadyoftheSea likes this.
  2. LadyoftheSea

LadyoftheSea Powder Monkey

I'm new too , but I just droped rank and cleaning up on bp,and resources. Lvl 4 school now...thanks to the tip of the day from helpful forum captain.

3. Dephicits

Dephicits Powder Monkey

I don't have problems with resources just BP, I have everything maxed to my Pirate Hall level besides the academy. You're telling me I should do worse to do good?

4. LadyoftheSea

LadyoftheSea Powder Monkey

Yes ,upgrade ship more fish 4 stars and troop training to beat those fishy buggers...takes slot of grog so drop a bit, also doing a lot of easy raids 20bp each i been getting 1k in a hour so far . But that's just me its working . Maybe older players have better advice.

5. Captain Monkey

Captain Monkey First Mate

everyone unless they use gems have problems with bp. It's the hardest thing to get in the game. Just make sure whenever u sail to open new territory, u fight something on the way. I' now need 2.3k more bp for academy 5. It's a slow grind but it will get done. Needs patience.

6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

7. Captain Monkey

Wow thanks kelani

8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I swear, I've posted that link 10 times in this forum :D People just keep posting new threads about it. :)

9. Christy

Christy Commodore

I have been saving FOREVER!!!! Finally only need a little over 1,000 more for my academy 6 :D happy dance!!!!!! But yeah NOT FUN!!!!!

10. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

So jealous - I'm still 4000 shy

Christy likes this.
  11. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

It doesn't help that the fishes seem to favor certain players. I have a few guildlings who always get absolute crap from them. Meanwhile, I get 1000-200 BP about 90% of the time. No idea why. I'm not especially lucky, but I do use the exact same crew each time, so I'm thinking there may be something to that.

yeti and Christy like this.
  12. Christy

Christy Commodore

Fish hate me. Only gt 100-200 BP IF I am lucky. Got 800 from a ship yesterday. I was shocked

13. Captain Monkey

I wouldn't be surprised if fish hate me. I've always hated them cuz they are smelly. Yuck.

14. Mind your language mr. Monkey we fish have feelings too you know ;) And no we don't hate you unless you are one of those stupid monkeys who steal your food when you are so kind to visit them in a park called: Monkey Safari. Darn those monkeys, they stole my last banana!

Captain Monkey likes this.
  15. yeti

yeti Captain

May i ask what crew? Enquiring minds would like to know...;)

Kelani likes this.
  16. Captain Monkey

Sorry fish eyed pirate.

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  17. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Sure :) My crew for anything except a 4* Serpent or 4* Ghost Ship:
    4 L9 Juggs (serpent skill)
    4 L18 Brutes (monster skill)
    20 L10 Bucs
    17 L20 Gunners

4* Serpent: I just replace all Brutes with 3-4 Juggs, and split the reamining spots between bucs/gunners.
    Ghost Ships: I avoid, so, no crew for them yet :)

This is for 65 spots, but i've been using a similar ratio since Tavern 6

yeti likes this.
  18. Dephicits

Dephicits Powder Monkey

How do I not play the game as it was intended?

And I still feel they should get rid of BP and EP doesn't make the game different from CoC or BB just more annoying than them, just a long painful grind that's unnecessary. Make it cost more gold for all I care. I'm constantly attacked by players who have those armored brute guys I don't even want to know the ridiculous amount of BP you need to get them and how am I getting matched up with them when I have troops nowhere near as good. Doesn't make any sense

19. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

1. Play how you like - don't let anyone, including me, tell you any different.
    2. BP and EP add an element of requiring players to advance through experience instead of just steamrolling to the strongest units available. On a business side it also encourages gem purchasing. So it's not going away anytime soon.
    3. 1000 BP for the academy upgrade if I remember correctly. (A few sea battles can garner this rather quickly)
    4. They drop rank, just like players do in Clash.

Sorry to hear you're so frustrated with your experience. I'm sure if you stick at it, maybe explore more with your ship, you'll have more fun. Good luck!

20. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

The reason for the high BP costs is to encourage map exploration/fighting sea monsters and to delay earning those upgrades until your town is above a certain level of development. Earning BP for the 4k, 7.5k, 15k upgrades is almost impossible through raiding alone. Not without taking a sanity hit, anyway :) But, some people still try to do that. I see lots of people with with L6 Pirate halls, and L2 boats complaining about a lack of BP. Solution: Upgrade your boat, and go fishing!

I didn't mean to imply you're playing the game "wrong", just meant that a lot of these seemingly random decisions are part of a very well-thought out plan. People see 15k for Academy 6, and think it's ridiculous, or impossible, but in reality, it's because that upgrade is meant for players at a certain point in their town's evolution. Just because an upgrade is available, doesn't mean that player needs it yet.

EP is a nonissue to me. There's plenty of it, and when new maps come out, it'll serve more of a purpose. BP could definitely use some work, though. The fish and serpents are finicky with their BP payout, and some players just don't get as much as others. It is a bit unfair. At least they dropped the observatory funding from 50BP to 15BP, which is a good first step in fixing things.

Dephicits and # Johnny Doe # like this.