Add the island rocks again

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by DamianWars, Oct 7, 2015.

1. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

Early on I made it a mission to destroy all rocks and when finished I was proud of this accomplishment. But now I miss them and want them back. There should be an option to randomly put rocks over the island again or be able to build them with slightly different rules than regular items. Since rocks can't be destoryed you would have to make it so no two rocks can touch each other or no crazy advantages can happen by rock placement.

Kelani, SitFlyer_ and Skye like this.
  2. Skye

Skye Commodore

I'd like a button to respawn them back into their original location when you "store all" in island editor mode, and then let us clear the rocks one by one for free, instantly and voluntarily to suit our base, once they've been cleared one time already. Then you can toggle them all back on, "store" the ones you don't want, and leave the rest there. It wouldn't be able to respawn them when you had buildings on the island, as the buildings might be in the way.

3. Floki

Floki Captain

AAAAnd cost to get rid of....

4. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

I doubt midoki keeps track of the position of an item once it's been removed but I do like the idea of using the editor to respawn them even if it's random each time. then you can remove the ones you don't want or in editor mode allow buildings to overlap rocks and when it's saved the rocks that are overlapped simply don't make the final cut.

There would have to be 2 types of rocks, the ones you can toggle that have already been destroyed and the ones that have yet to be destroyed and cannot be moved. Perhaps to make it less complicated only allow to toggle rocks when all the rocks have been destroyed. Make it like an unlockable quest.

5. Skye

Skye Commodore

I'm fairly certain that all rocks initially start out in the same positions for every island - no random positions needed to be stored, just restore them to their initial positions!

6. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Another game I play had something similar (trees and rocks). After a few months of people requesting, just gave the option to buy them back as decorations and place them anywhere they wanted.

7. I've seen in another game that these obstacles, once removed they'd reappear overnight, by cleaning them you had a chance to get a gem.

But it seems pointless to me.

Yes, maybe they could be used strategically in defence but i've seen bases without any rocks in them with around 1 thousand win and just 100 to 200 losses ( which i guess happened early in the game).

Also the rocks makes building placements kinda hard and you have to scatter things around a lot which eventually leads to losing

8. Skye

Skye Commodore

There have been glitches in the past that players with rocks could take advantage of to make it hard or impossible for certain troop combinations to 3* a base, and more importantly, its an indestructible wall you can use to guide troops where you want. You have to build around it, but you know that space is a safe spot, since no troop could ever be there.

9. If we want to talk about glitches that give advantage, well we all know how much PP has had in the last year, the point i'm trying to make is that whether the rocks exist or not players can manage to design islands that could be so good at defence that can barely give a star.

Rocks may make it hard to get 3* but why giving any at all?

I've seen lots of players with same style of bases with very similar designs and once they get cracked everyone can 3*. Players should be creative with their bases the best way they could, all i'm saying if you want you can have an invincible base without rocks.