Additional Pirate Ranks

Discussion in 'Guild Improvements' started by LYM, May 28, 2015.

1. LYM

LYM Captain

I'm guessing this has been requested in various please but its worth a post. Can you look at making adjustment to the Ranks within the guilds.

Captain - Total Control.
    Quarter Master - (can start rumble) - Limit to 1
    First Mate - Current first mates abilities - No Limits
    Ships Cook - Limit to 1
    Crew - No rights
    Cabin Boy - No rights

This would be a nice feature and many member complain that there should be more ranks than there currently is.

Whats your thought, or can you think of ranks etc.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  2. LYM

LYM Captain

this is something i have a 100 members crying out for.

3. TBird

TBird Captain

You have it backwards....Quartermaster has more power than first mates, QM has power of the purse and controls the gold/grog a crew gets.

Have the QM with the same powers as captain, except can't kick Captain

Bear likes this.
  4. LYM

LYM Captain

Damn, should have studied harder at pirate school.

MrHyer and TBird like this.
  5. Bear

Bear Commodore

This!

TBird likes this.
  6. LYM

LYM Captain

Fixed thread, ranks in right order after my pirate school lesson from @TBird

7. Now Midoki.. Pretty please?
    [​IMG]

Rachael likes this.
  8. Ian

Ian Commodore

What about a rank ABOVE that of Captain, that of: Fleet Commander. For those managing/co-ordinating multiple guilds? (Same control as Captain, but across those guilds in the alliance)

Malleus Pirata and LYM like this.
  9. LYM

LYM Captain

Do like that idea @Ian but don't think plunder was designed for multiple guild alliances but would be a nice touch.

10. Ian

Ian Commodore

Can't hurt to ask and am sure when they first started out, no one envisaged aligned guilds or even the number of these aligned guilds that we see now..

11. LYM

LYM Captain

Still a good idea, it would be a feature that other games dont have

12. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Actually, there was a vague notion from before I even joined of having some ability to form guild alliances, but it's on the back burner at the moment - the idea was would be that there would be shared chat for the allied guilds, members/guilds wouldn't be matched up against each other in PvP, stats would be carried over, and there wouldn't be the time restriction that there currently is on rejoining a guild, so it'd be easier to hop in and out for whatever reason. It's quite a big thing to implement though, so if it happens it'll be quite a bit further down the line after [MESSAGE REDACTED] and [MESSAGE REDACTED].

13. LYM

LYM Captain

@Lynsey [Midoki] The idea of allinace guilds sounds like a good feature, this would be a feature that i haven't seen in any other games. However a must simple addition would be a few additional ranks in the short term. We need a cook, Pirates are starving. Maybe if the Pirates eat a good meal they might take @TBird base better next time.

TBird likes this.
  14. Bear

Bear Commodore

Awesome! If it does come to play I vote for Admiral over fleet captain.

15. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

It's quite interesting reading the history of the most famous and successful pirates - obviously Ching Shih was arguably the most successful one, being the head of a fleet that was made up of hundreds of vessels, but pirates like Blackbeard (Edward Teach) and Black Bart (Barthomelew Roberts) also had small fleets. So it's not just a nice gameplay social feature, it's historically accurate!

16. Bear

Bear Commodore

Definitely. I tried Google out to try and find a better term than admiral. Not too fond of borrowing heavily from the royal Navy for ranks. But any references I found just called them captains.

17. LYM

LYM Captain

18. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

All of that is nice, but I think setting permissions needs to be given a lot of attention, or just make it so what each rank can/can't do is configurable by the captain. Personally, I like my crew being able to approve/deny new members, and having the power to kick a troublemaker, should one appear.

Aside from no real reason to promote anyone once guild needs are met, the only issue I have with the current ranks is that the default behavior seems to be limiting stuff to the captain. I'd like first mates to be able to edit the MOTD, and crew share perk funding announcements.