Adjust attacker strength/loot ratio

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Lillith, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Lillith

Lillith Powder Monkey

firstoff done get me wrong I love this game but lately I have been very frustrated . For the past few weeks i have been attacked every day by very high level players, a lot higher than myself. Every attack they take 700k - 900k per resource. This is crazy, and there is no way to revenge that as my troops can't even make a dent in their bases because they are so much higher than I am. I have been playing for a long time now and this is just a recent occurrence so I am not sure what has changed. My level hasn't and I saty very low in rating. I know in other games there is a balance system that if a much higher stronger player attacks you they can only obtain a lower percentage of loot maybe you should consider this in PP to avoid stronger players preying constantly on the weaker ones because it's easier. If they are that much stronger than me they shouldn't beable to take 30% + of my resources.

2. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

This is something we're actively looking into at the moment, including improving the matchmaking so players with more developed islands (higher pirate halls and defences) are much less likely to be matched against lower level players, and making sure that rewards are greater for attacking players of a similar level.

Super-Nor likes this.
  3. Tex

Tex Commodore

Hi @Lillith welcome to the forum. I can give you some answers you seek. A few updates back there was a loot balance put in place so when higher level bases attack they get less % of loot than picking on someone their own strength. You should have heard the cries before that was enabled! And it did substantially help the issue.

The other thing that helped is many of us maxed or nearly maxed our bases thus we focused on rank over farming. The reason you are seeing a resurgence in high level bases attacking you is because of the new update. Everyone is dropping rank to collect the $7M gold required for PH8. And after that completes they will need even more gold/grog to build the other goodies.

But hang in there. We were all in your spot when we started and I recall the frustration! It does get better if you persevere. Consider joining a guild where others can help you. If you have at least a PH6 you are welcome to join the Wild Piggies guild. We are a fun group that shares our experience with newer players.

Arr and Rachael like this.
  4. Lillith

Lillith Powder Monkey

Thanks so much for the replies and help! That makes a lot of sense about players dropping because it did seem like a sudden onslaught lol. And I'm glad you are looking into making it better, thanks again!

5. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

This balancing act is no doubt going to be real challenge for the Midoki team.

I built my Iland off rank dropping for both BP's and large stockpiles of loot. Let's face it, some upgrades require major amounts of both forms of resources. I can't imagine any high level player waiting for troops to spawn in the 1-2 hr time frame for only a 20 BP possible win. The cause and effect here is high level players dropping rank to farm easy targets to gain BP's as fast as possible. Example.... A good farmer can often collect between 100-150 BP's from a single troop loadout.

The other major issue is the cost of training, resources and goods at the high levels. 2 MILLION for any form of upgrade or troop training should be considered a bargin. The cause and effect here is high level bases either gem or drop rank to fund their updates and spend all their resources ASAP. That means loot above a certain level becomes slim pickings.

I don't enjoy rank dropping to gain good loot, but I can typically score 4-5 MILLION in just Gold or Grog alone each day. It just depends what my current needs are. Loot like this at higher ranks is quite limited. Not sure what the average is above 450 Pirate Rank, but I think it's in/around 350K or less per resource. That's peanuts in the grand scheme of things.

It would be great to here from some high level players above 450 Rank... Please chime in and dish out some details.

TiGeR

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    Tex likes this.
  6. Landon

Landon First Mate

900k is nothing. Drop to the sub100 rank and you'll be fine.

There are more players at lower rank vs higher ranks. Thereby, the chances of you getting smacked is low.

Oh and it's not just you, prior to the update, I felt being generous for hoarding 7.5mil gold and grogg and sat at the 400-500 range to be attacked cuz I was bored. There are times where I'm looted from 0-100% and I'd loose more than a million resources. Then I'd go back down again to sub 200's where I could loot 700k+ resources on easy bases with brutes and gunners. With this, there are higher chances of me getting attacked at higher ranks than I do at lower ranks. :cool:

Good luck. :D

7. Captain Didwell

Captain Didwell First Mate

Yeah...:)
    When I started playing this game, I didn't even frustrated of my loses. What I keep on thinking is that, I'm still so weak, weak enough to defend my island but it doesn't mean that I will stay at this level forever.;) "If there's a will there's a way."

I know the importance of balance, but don't forget that this is a strategic game. This is Plunder Pirates!
    This is what PP for, Plunder!, and we must respect what PP will provide us.:D, as they respect us.

We can just say, Hey pirate, go and attack my island:rolleyes:, or else you will going to lost when I Plunder! you first.:p

8. Virus

Virus First Mate

Would not mind if they would rebalance the loot for a high player attacking a low one. However also would like a rebalance in battle points. Win +2 and a loss -22 is a bit of a big difference.

For every loss you have to battle 11 times just to come back at same level. With 2 hr training thats 22 hrs....

Rebalance both i would say

9. 小绿(Green)

小绿(Green) First Mate

I dont agree on that point virus, you have a good PR so I am sure you know how to play strategically.
    Therefore you should be more cautious at each battle. Try to not lose then and try to have more than two stars. my lose rate is basically at 5%, as well as most of my guild mates. Otherwise it will be too easy to climb up to the top 30.

There should be a higher difficulty to earn the place in top 30. So normally +4 PR is fair enough if you get three stars.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  10. 小绿(Green)

小绿(Green) First Mate

And the maxed PH8 bases are still too weak, I've defeated one all maxed except the walls at 100% without even upgrading my academy.

11. Virus

Virus First Mate

agree, however the +2 i mentioned is for a 100%.

With a 5 % Rate (which is indeed the average) of losing battles you lose 1 in every 20 battles.
    Thats 19x2 -22 makes a growth of 16 BP every 20 battles. I rather see that at +4 in the higher levels

Dont mean a drastic change just a little tweak

Ps -18 is ok too :D

小绿(Green) likes this.