Adjusting Shadows...

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Xhyn, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Xhyn

Xhyn Powder Monkey

Loving the game so far! One suggestion. Add an option to where we the players can adjust the shadows, or an option of what level of graphics we want to help different systems. The reason for this: I play on an iPad 4 with retina display, and I think this ipad could handle the better shadow effects that are shown in the later iPad and iPhones. It runs so fast and smooth and other games have these better shadows that it could handle it. Therefore an option would be nice. At the very least I would think the ipad 4 could handle these nice shadows. Thanks!

Xhyn...

2. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Glad to hear you're enjoying the game, always appreciated! Some of the graphical effects in the game are created using the Metal technology only available on the top end devices, the shadows being one of those. To have them on other devices would require a different code base. Possible but there could well be frame rate implications especially on larger bases with maximum crew numbers.