Allow guild ship requests (and chat?) while streaking

Discussion in 'Guild Improvements' started by ElFrenetico, May 2, 2016.

1. ElFrenetico

ElFrenetico Captain

Since streaking came along, I've noticed the chat and guild ship requests die down in a bad way - people are streaking in-between rumbles and sometimes during, so nobody stops in to say hi and many have stopped using the guild ship feature.

Streaks are great in their way, but I doubt it was intentional for them to hurt the social aspects of the game. Can't even see what the rumble score is while in a streak - we've had to resort to Kik chat to keep in touch. Being able to recruit & fill guild ship requests during streaking would give us the best of both... if I had to choose 1, I'd say the guild ship, but that's tied to chat so I'm not sure one could work without the other.

Either way, it just feels like since streaks, the guild community isn't what it was before. We do our best to keep up the chat for guild members, but for some of us, that means not streaking (and therefore not spending gems -wink wink nudge nudge) when we otherwise might be. :)

I hate to be the devil's advocate ;) but I'm not ashamed to admit the I've bough my share of gems, so here goes... if you wanted to restore the community aspect without encouraging "forever streaks", you could set it up so you can only access chat during a streak after your troops are fully recruited... :)

-Mike

2. ElFrenetico

ElFrenetico Captain

That little smiley emoji kinda makes me want to punch it. How about skeletal or pirate emojis for the Plunder Pirates forums?

Liquidjade, Dog Breath and Skye like this.
  3. Dog Breath

Dog Breath First Mate

Great idea Elf ! :D

4. Ian

Ian Commodore

+1 to this..

5. SuperCow

SuperCow Powder Monkey

+1 me too

6. Skye

Skye Commodore

Under this condition, +1, since if worked properly, it would still discourage players from staying in a streak indefinitely.

If it let people access stuff at any point, then no, as people would have no reason not to just always be in a streak. I like that it limits players, because it forces them to cut their streaks and come back to base - if they had no reason to come back, after upgrading everything, everyone would just sit at streak 100+ and have a free 40% reduction all the time. Forcing players to break it to fund perks and stuff is important to prevent that.

Any measure in game that discourages extended streaks is a good thing. You cite streaks as a problem for guild chat, so you want players to be able to access chat again, but I'd rather enforce even more inconveniences to discourage extended streaks. They were intended to be done in one play session. If people would cut their streak every time they logged out, there wouldn't be an issue with players not being able to chat or fund things, as they would be back to base every time they logged back in. Unfortunately they can continue, to deal with things like maintenance and app crashes, but in an optimal world if a player stepped away from the game, they should have to start fresh. That would also fix the chat issue, since not many people would bother sitting in a streak anymore if they weren't busy battling to begin with.

Liquidjade likes this.
  7. Hawkbeard

Hawkbeard First Mate

What about guild ship requests while in streaks too? or the chance to rearm your defences?

8. Langballe

Langballe Crew

+1

In our guild (Danske Rumblere - Currently 84 on the Rumble Leaderboard) many of the stronger players chat a lot and the chat is 50% of what makes PP fun.
    Unfortunately some people are more or less forced to streak in order to get enough BP for upgrades, and streaking just kills the chat :(
    We actually discourage streaking during rumbles and that definately hurts gem spending.

I cannot speak for others, but I would streak more and spend way more gems if I could chat between attacks. (I do not cheap-streak) As it is now I do streak from time to time during rumbles (5-10 wins), but when I do I find myself frustrated and wondering if anything fun is going on in the chat. Not to mention that I do not contribute to the chat for hours.
    About half of the guild now uses a third party chat, which means that it get's even more boring for the remaining half :(

I agree with @Skye, that you have to discourage extended streaks, but I do not agree that you should be cut off from chat.
    Personally I would prefer if the streak was broken by a loss (or maybe 5 losses). That would prevent continuous streaking at low rank.

9. ElFrenetico

ElFrenetico Captain

I suppose technically, it could work the opposite way too - rather than only allowing these things after all troops have recruited, it might only allow them before you start the recruit. I agree that the point is not about making it easier to streak, but allowing streaks to happen without disrupting the social aspects of the game. If done carefully, it could probably increase legitimate streaking, because streaking would no longer be the "lonely" way to play.