Almost there - Android is coming April 22nd

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Admin [Midoki], Apr 10, 2015.

1. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

The one question we get more than any other is, "When's Plunder Pirates coming to Android?". Today, we can finally give you the answer!
    We're incredibly excited to announce that the date is set and it's April 22nd 2015. That's right, just a few days away!
    With so many new players set to join us, the seas are going to be busier than ever!

[​IMG]

Ster, Spherique, Siren1873 and 5 others like this.
  2. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

And what's even better is there's a nice teaser trailer so the Android players can take a look at what's in store for them :)

CyborgGR, Skye, Spherique and 5 others like this.
  3. AngryBeard

AngryBeard Community Manager

Yarrr!!!!

Skye, Spherique and TBird like this.
  4. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I think we need to post this in the hype thread! :D :D

5. lakshesh

lakshesh Powder Monkey

I have a small doubt. I had been playing this games sinces 4-5months on my iphone 4.
    Now i dont anymore own iphone 4 . I sold it and purchased s6 edge. Jst wanted to know can i resume my game or else i have to start it all over again ??
    Coz i had pirate hall lvl 8. All defenses were fully upgraded and all.. Help me fellas

.[ IcI ]. likes this.
  6. TBird

TBird Captain

@Lynsey [Midoki] has said that you can play your same account on both platforms... see if I can find that post

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  7. Antoo

Antoo Powder Monkey

Is there going to be a way I can carry over my stats to android?

.[ IcI ]. likes this.
  8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Stats should be stored on the server, and would follow your account, so switching to an android device shouldn't matter.

Antoo likes this.
  9. thomssi

thomssi First Mate

I expect they sync. Games differ, CoC syncs completely, things like Candy Crush half sync (level is synced, lives aren't). Others not at all.

I therefore guess you can't attack on one, switch and do it on the other but who knows.

One issue on here though is PR on your device and what shows up in guild are asynchronous. That leads me to believe your headline PR is maybe stored on device, stats affecting guild are on server and periodic push refresh but I don't know. This is annoying, I wish they were in sync. It could mean however you have a battle on your iOS device then switch and results are not reflected.

10. .[ IcI ].

.[ IcI ]. Powder Monkey

Tell that to the people over at RedLynx who produce Trials Frontier. :-#

Kelani likes this.
  11. Ster

Ster Powder Monkey

As we all know that Plunder Pirates is coming to android on 22nd April but the thing that has not been mentioned and i wanted to know is that which Android versions will it support 4.2 and above or 4.4 and above..???

12. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

We're supporting 4.3 upwards.

War Koala, Skye and Bear like this.
  13. Ian

Ian Commodore

@Lynsey [Midoki] any word yet, if this addition will include a 'maintenance period' and if so how long?

14. Skye

Skye Commodore

That trailer was amazing. Hyping up some android friends right now!

15. Bear

Bear Commodore

Sooo..

Is this a "stay up and catch the drop at midnight" kind of release, or a "it will come after you wake up" kind?

16. AngryBeard

Depends! When do you go to sleep?

Bear likes this.
  17. Bear

Bear Commodore

i'm in bed by midnight Central Time. usually up by 6:30

18. CyborgGR

CyborgGR First Mate

I love everything you're saying...

19. AngryBeard