Another Lost Account, Ideas?

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Kelani, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Pretty sure I know the answer to this is to email support, but I figured I'd appeal to the wisdom of the forum.

A member of my guild was playing tonight and having some crash issues, so she restarted the game, and when it came back up, she either got the "Use existing town/Create new town" prompt and accidentally hit new town, or the game just defaulted her to a new town. Regardless, she can't get back to her existing town. She tried it on her phone, and same thing. New town. She's halfway through a PH6 upgrade, so she's freaking out, obviously.

I had her sign out of gamecenter, and open app. DId nothing.
    I had her remove/reinstall the game. That also did nothing.
    I was considering having her restore yesterday's icloud backup, but wanted to check here first.

Is there anything she should try before calling on support? My helpfulness is kinda limited, since I'm a Unix guy who's only using an Apple product under protest. :)

Thanks in advance, guys.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  2. Bear

Bear Commodore

Don't think there is anything other than the known step. Though I share your status of using an apple product under protest.

Kelani likes this.
  3. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Thanks, and glad I'm not the only one.

I guess since she can't get to her Player ID, she'd just need to give them her old island name?

4. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Yup. Exactly that

Oh - and PH level

Kelani likes this.
  5. Bear

Bear Commodore

Island name, rank, ph lvl, guild name.

Kelani likes this.
  6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Ah, forgot those. Thanks guys. I get to play Hero to a cute girl, so Likes all around.

7. AngryBeard

AngryBeard Community Manager

Nope, just call support as asap as possible! rov.io/gamesupport

8. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Hahahahahahahahahaha

9. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

That's going in my collection of favorite quotes I've been keeping since I learned to write :D

Just an update. She did that, and got a very quick reply from Mikko at Rovio (either that's an alias, or that guy is a superhuman. He replies to almost every ABN support request) Anyway, despite all the info being sent, they just had more questions. Those have been replied to, so.. fingers crossed.

I hope they can fix that. If not, I expect I'm gonna be spending the next 6 months rebuilding her town for her. :confused:

10. AngryBeard

AngryBeard Community Manager

I wouldn't be worried, my colleagues are something like wizards from another world.

Bear and Gangrene Beard like this.
  11. Shonda La

Shonda La First Mate

Thanks everyone for your help...island finally recovered. :) And of course, special thanks to my Kel in shining armor. :)

Kelani likes this.
  12. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

That's me! ;)

And yes, thanks to Rovio support. Took 'em a week, but by God, they fixed it! :)