Another unfair match up

Discussion in 'Rumbles' started by RockyT, Feb 19, 2016.

1. RockyT

RockyT Guest

Getting hacked of again with the shiy match up when Rumbling. We have 29 active members, a few of them are newbies and are just learning the game. We are getting drawn against top guilds with 50 active members. On checking their average and highest rumble scores, I see that they out score us 10 fold. If we beat our best Rumble score in the one at present, we would still finish last by a long way.
    Surely the makers of this game has the technology to match up Rumble guilds by points scored or average scoring, say to the nearest 10 000 or so.
    If it takes a day matching up, so be it. Better than wasting 24 hours rumbling when you have no chance of winning. Not wasting gems on streaking during this Rumble as its pointless and have told the others not to either. Only had 4 tokens with the hundred big chests I have got during my streaks, while some of our members get 80 for upgrading their silo. Tough on us who's was upgraded before the event started.We get Hee Haw

850arrr and Robin Blood like this.
  2. Wilkopuppy

Wilkopuppy Crew

I know how you feel. Our last rumble the other 4 guilds average over 100k points with 2 way over that. We've been getting better every rumble but our next goal is 30k. An hour in and 3 of them had more than we were going to score in the whole thing. It's hard trying to build participation from rumble to rumble if you don't even have a chance of getting third most of the time. It would be nice if average score could somehow be worked into the matchmaking.

RockyT likes this.
  3. I agree, we at Bloodhound Gang average 50-80k and sometimes get put against 300k+ averages, more often than not against 150k averages. The match up should be on the average rumble scores with only 50k separating the highest from the lowest, that way each guild has a fairer chance if they push themselves.

RockyT likes this.
  4. Fil

Fil Captain

I have seen this a bit in our newbie guild. If we have even a single player over PH6 the matchups change dramatically

5. RockyT

RockyT Guest

Thank goodness that's over, the top guild were 25k ahead after 30 minutes. None of us spent any gems, as requested, 1 000 gems still in our pouches. Maybe it would make sense for the captains of the Rumbling guilds to have a 5 minute pull out option after the match ups have been made.

Codegator likes this.
  6. Jonesy

Jonesy Crew

There are a lot of options to fixing rumble matchups and that one DEFINITELY should not be considered. If you don't like a matchup, no worries, just click cancel? Yeah, nice try, but no. That opens rumble cancelling up to abuse and then what, if 1,2,3 or 4 cancel, the entire rumble gets cancelled? You would then have to search again, potentially over and over, until you get a "suitable" matchup of guilds that won't click cancel?

Sorry, but no. I could use some real life scenarios where it is impossible to click cancel once you have "done the deed", but those wouldn't be suitable for these forums. If you want to rumble, rumble. So what if the matchups are a little screwy some of the time? So what if it is literally impossible to place first place? The only thing you get out of a rumble that you can't get anywhere else ingame is..... oh wait, there isn't. Most gems I have seen awarded is 35. You can earn those by using your ship to "gem farm". And loot is readily available all over.

I can point you to no less than 3 other threads that talk about rumble matchmaking and how to not match so called "mega guilds" that you "can't win against". Try looking for them.

Oh, and how do you think the "mega guilds" or even the "decent" guilds feel when they matchup against 2, 3, or even 4 other guilds that even if they topped their best rumble score ever, couldn't top the "decent" guild's average rumble score? It sucks.....

Yes, rumble matchmaking needs to be fixed, but honestly, it is about the competition and rivalry and not about the rewards.....

thomssi likes this.
  7. RockyT

RockyT Guest

Thanks for the comments, past and present. Will not be on this forum again as it is a complete waste of my time. Nothing changes. If the makers of this once great game don't have the brain power to devise a fair system for Rumble match ups, it dosnt bare well for the future of the game. Take care guys and girls, all the best.

Codegator likes this.
  8. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

Must've gotten another unfair match up. Remember, changes take months to make it into the game. From inception of idea, to coding, to testing, etc...

Jonesy likes this.