Artifacts, Ye glorious Grog and Sharkboots.

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Cpt. Sharkhook, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Cpt. Sharkhook

Cpt. Sharkhook Powder Monkey

Ahoy Ye filty bilge rats. Dis be Cappin Sharkhook. I've lost Ye artifacts and you must go and find them. I've lost em in Ye vast salty blues and if Ye lucky, I'll reward you with magical madallions arrgg of Ye can use to further drunken Ye ship mates.

I've lost my boots, my bottle of glorious grog,
    My hook, my lucky damaged compass, my Sharkhook,
    And ye flag to me ship.

If Ye bring me the boots I'll give you a speed madallion
    If Ye find my frog, I mean frog, I mean grog. I have a hefty sum of regular grog waiting for you.
    Ye hooks a long story, same ye flag and compass. I'll pay yargh in gold.

Other various items found along sea will be valued and bought or traded for other forms of magic. "Psst I'm the first mate, and a tad bit more articulate. When your goldmine is being upgraded. Don't you think you should still find a lump sum of gold when it's created. I mean your digging for all those hours, telling me you didn't find any of the gold? get your booty before I make Ye walk the plank into the big fishes mouth! And hurry up will you I don't pay you in grog for nothing!"

Let's make this game less Halloween and more terribly awesome!

We should be Able to have captain units who are a single promoted unit of an allready existing unit. Before battles you set these captain units to walk a certain path (melee units only) lead an army of distraction while you plunder. (Defenders get out that voodoo tent and start making those fear mortars to interupt the captains orders!)

Please don't bring flying units into a ship fight, that's unfair and will destory the Pirates at seas legacy. Also why can't we bring out our main ship lead by an upgradable captain and have some Pvp ship fights?
    Also where is my sparrow? Or parrot?

Ivan-GUY_Pp, Bear and Kelani like this.
  2. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I'm a bit sleep deprived, so I didn't understand half of that (but it is arguably the most finely-crafted feature request on the board). Just have two points.

1. Your Less Halloween wish will be granted next week :)
    2. A BIG +1 to NO Air Units. That would just be...awful.

3. Cpt. Sharkhook

Yeah air units suck. We're pirates not pilots.
    And for future builds if we could disable the holiday theme that would be cool. Aside from the design of new units and ships/magically appearing islands.

4. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Another +1 to that. Midoki did go a bit pumpkin-happy on this update. It's an annoyance, especially when working on my base. I feel sorry for any pirates who have a pumpkin allergy, though. I bet it's much worse for them.

5. Bear

Bear Commodore

I third the no air units. And in finding special items at sea. Hey could just add it to the current quest system. Give each item a % chance of being discovered on certain tiles of the map. Then when you sail over them you may find them and complete the quest.

6. Cpt. Sharkhook

Yes, that's what I was going for with that. I like to leave it vague and open for community discussion rather than making it 100% my idea. It's nice to have a discussion. That's why draws the devs to a topic anyway.

I have a lot of fantastic ideas for this game because pirates are my shit. Not so much the movies but the idea that they once existed simallry to the popular culture is quite intriguing.

7. Ivan-GUY_Pp

Ivan-GUY_Pp Powder Monkey

I like your ideas m8. Especially the idea of being rewarded after finishing mine upgrades. The higher its level the more you get maybe. What did you say about captain units? I dont get the idea? Do u mean like units who can defend the village as well as go along with the crew to raid? Further explain please.