Attack with a shield.

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Steven310, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Steven310

Steven310 Powder Monkey

Hello Pirates !
    I have a bug in the game. Since I'm upgrading to PH6, people can attack my base even if I have a shield. So I'm loosing a lot of money and grog. Hope it will end at the end of the 8 days...

Thanks for the game and I'm waiting for an update soon ! :)

2. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

This really can't happen so I am surprised to hear you're having this problem. One question, why do you mention 8 days? What's special about 8 days time?

3. Steven310

Steven310 Powder Monkey

When i mean 8 days it is for the time i have to wait to have my PH build at level 6. For now it's ok, this didn't happened again. There is also three other bugs i noticed.

First : I successfully attacked a shark in a travel, but the little logo for a winning fight didn't show up. The shark was "dead" (i was able to see it). When i clicked on the pirates logo to get my pirates back at the end of the travel, the shark was alive (resurrection like jesus i called it^^)

Second : There are some "Ghost" attack of my base. People are attacking my base, but the replay is during 0 second. It's like they finally decided to not attack. I don't know if it's a bug but it's strange.

And Third : While my PH is waiting for level 6, when someone attack my base and destroy the PH the shield is not activate. It is not always but it happened two or three times.

Thanks again for your answer :) I really like your game (good graphics, nice gameplay).

Best Regards,

P.S. : Is it possible to open a little part of your forum for french talking people ? I speak english, but there are maybe people who don't, and wants to have informations on the game.

4. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

First - this can occasionally happen if all the exploration data doesn't reach the server due to a connection issue. We believe this is fixed in the next update
    Second - Some players are doing this to effectively lose a battle and drop pirate rank
    Third - Not sure what you mean here, sorry.

Currently this is an english speaking forum just for the ease of moderation. Over time we are hoping to add moderators from other countries, at which time we can open the forum up to other languages.

5. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

@Steven310

I do the second one all the time, whenever I get over lvl 450. You can attack without expending troops and drop points as Chris said. There SHOULD be a penalty for this, but currently there is not (you should have to drop troops of some kind).

Number three - I have noticed a lot of times when you return from being away and your base is being rebuilt it will show your PH was destroyed.. Watch the actual video of the fight and most times it was not. Just a small bug when your base is resurrected that I am sure they will squash soon. Look at the actual replay of the battle is the key here.

Now I will fade away...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
    Gangrene Beard likes this.
  6. If you are ever in need of a Dutch moderator, you know where to find me :) (currently applying for a job so got all the time in the world)
    No idea how much "Dutchies" are pirates but anyway.

7. Steven310

Steven310 Powder Monkey

If you need for French i'm here too :)

8. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I can cover 'Murica!

DobleTippen1st likes this.
  9. I think they can too :D

10. "Why do I have to study English in school, I'm never going to go to England." Rough quote from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Bill and Ted, quintessential Muricans.

11. jondillon

jondillon Powder Monkey

I had the same happen to me. My shield was active after being defeated previously and with 1hr 37 mins to go with a shield I was attacked and lost plenty of gold and grog.

12. I have been fooled into thinking there's more time left on the shield when I return to the game bcause PP temporarily displays my island and stats as I left them. In a couple of seconds, PP reloads and establishes connection to the server and the shield time I thought I had disappears.

This might be what happened to you. That is, when you left the game you had 1:37 hrs left on the shield. When you returned, you saw the 1:37 and then after a little while discovered you'd been attacked. On reflection you might recall a greater than 1:37 hr gap in playing.

This "time warp" gets me all too frequently; I think "Great, my shield's still up. Oh no, I got attacked again."

13. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Exactly my train of thought with being a murican embassador.

14. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

*waves hand* I can understand five languages, and communicate (somewhat) in three. Not sure how much it helps, but I also know phrases that will get you chased by an angry mob in 26 languages. :)

@The Fish Eyed Pirate Not sure how many modern-day Dutchie pirates there are, but since 27 Dutch pirates have their own Wikipedia page, I think you're just carrying on a tradition. It is interesting, I'm from angrybirdsnest.com (which caters to all Rovio games), and we have so many Dutchie members that I've had to start learning a bit of the language. I think your country just has a deep appreciation for all things Rovio. :)

15. Well let me say that there are more Dutchies hunting pirates then pirating ;) (excluding internet piracy ofcourse :p)
    I kinda got a monopoly (muhahaha).
    And my country got deep appreciation for everything that has something to do in some weird way with gaming.

16. One-Eyed Willy

One-Eyed Willy First Mate

I have encountered a similar bug but never complained because I was not on the short end of the stick in this case like Steven. I was attacked and after looking in the details of the attack the attacker deployed all of his troops. Yet there was only 0-1% damage to the base. If someone is going to drop rank they will not deploy any of their troops let alone all of them. All troops were deployed yet only managed 1% destruction. Someone would have to have one heck of a setup to manage that utter annihilation of a defense. Furthermore, the replay is not available during events such as these.

17. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I don't understand why so many people use the PVP option to drop rank. The strongholds are faster, free, and don't gift other players with undeserved rank/bp points. I'm sure a few people have beaten all of them and have no choice, but not the majority.