Attacks randomly not registering

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Skye, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Skye

Skye Commodore

This is the third time this has happened to me in the last couple weeks, I have no idea what causes it or how to reproduce it, just that once in a while it happens. Maybe if some more people start watching for it, we can figure out whats happening.

But randomly, one of my attacks won't show up in the combat log, and won't count towards the rumble score, despite the entire army being used, LP losing stamina, etc. Its a very rare occurrence, and if I attack again the next attack has always counted properly, as did the one before it.

If it was because of a connection issue, the log would show the attack up until the disconnection, but there is absolutely nothing there, so that's not the problem, at least entirely.

The army does disappear and I have to pay to rehire it like normal, the LP stamina goes down, but there is no record of it ever happening.

The most recent time it happened, this was the exact series of events leading up to it:

-Haven't scored yet in our Rumble.
    -Ship returned from voyage, haven't collected troops from ship or uncovered tiles explored (no monsters were fought)
    -Already had a tavern full of pirates.
    -Ching has 6 stamina
    -Attacked a PH9, deploy whole army, ching dies, get 3*.
    -Ching is now at 4 stamina, I do NOT rehire troops - I'm using a 600k grog army and I have a spare on the ship.
    -Collect troops from ship, go to map, uncover tiles and finish journey.
    -Find a rumble rival PH9 for 625 points
    -Deploy army with Ching, win the fight, Ching does not die this time, 3* for 625 points.
    -Results take longer than normal to pop up, but they pop up showing the 3* win and let me continue to the results screen.
    -Ching at 3 stamina, go to results screen, hit rehire this time on the results screen, and then hit the x to go back to base.
    -Wait for one gunner to finish rehiring, send out ship with that gunner to explore more of the map, and go to tavern to add the now-sailing gunner back to the rehire queue, and replace a couple of the other gunners in the queue with bombers
    -Check rumble score - 1/1 attacks won, 500 points total. This should be 2/2 attacks won, 1125 points total.
    -Check attack log - only the first of the two battles I just did appear in the log. The second one is no where to be found. Yet the troops and LP stamina were used up anyways (Ching is still at 3 stamina, so the battle happened SOMEWHERE).

I'm not sure if any particular one of these random steps caused it, but that was my exact gameplay from logging in until checking the log.

My best guess is that my connection timed out when getting the results, and the code being used to decrement streak counter in the event of a disconnect eliminated my battle. I was not in a streak at the time however, and even if it didn't count the battle as a win towards a streak, it should still be counting it towards the rumble, and it certainly shouldn't be removed from the attack log.

Its possible it also had to do with using the army off of the ship, as there have been bugs with collecting troops from the ship.

Its also possible it had nothing to do with either of those things.

2. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

There's a known issue where, very occasionally, battles won't register correctly as being completed when the game is being played on a shaky connection. We're hoping to have this sorted in a future update.

Skye likes this.
  3. Mad McArthur

Mad McArthur Powder Monkey

I'm having the same issue Lynsey. Whilst on a streak, the past 10 battles I've won, but get a "Connection Lost" right before I can recruit again and they don't count. Is somewhat irritating.

4. hduwhyso

hduwhyso Crew

5. porrig

porrig Crew

Just happened to me. Victory is recorded in the Attack Log, but it isn't included in my Rumble score. I'm at home using wi-fi so the connection is not shaky.