Balls of FIRE...

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by Tiger Claw, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Here’s a thought

How about a one-time use Catapult that tosses (1) awesome fireball.? Attacking Pirates who are hit catch fire for an x-period of time and thus sustain damage.

Going a little deeper into this idea..

Provide such a weapon with an unlimited target range and angle that is configured by the defending player. This would make the target zone unpredictable by the attacking force and force them to analyze the situation before deployment.

And for the real fun...

Set the AI on those burning to seek water ASAP to reduce the damage.. This would add a wonderful element of (brief) chaos.

TiGeR

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
    Pirate!, Salty Snack and Tex like this.
  2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

This sounds fun, :) +1 from me

Captain MetaTauta likes this.
  3. Bear

Bear Commodore

I like it. Even if it was just a trap. I'd like it to be more than a one shot. Let it be a reeeeeaaaally slow reload. Then make the damage pretty low. But keep the running for water AI.

4. Bear

Bear Commodore

Ground pounder type range.

5. Tex

Tex Commodore

I love this idea!! Just make sure the fireball has nice splash damage!! It would be too funny seeing my enemies running for water to put out their "Balls on Fire"!!

6. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Like. Like a lot.

7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

+1 Provided they add a sound effect of little high-pitched pirate voices screaming "aaaaaiiiieeee" as they run to the water.

And smoke. Gotta have smoke.

And if they survive, their little pirate uniforms are singed/burned off in places.

And if a bomber is hit by this weapon, they just freakin explode.

Pirate! likes this.
  8. Moostache

Moostache Crew

Love it ;) I would also suggest that the fire can spread among the pirates as they get close to each other, which means the attacker would have to consider using more varied troop compositions with different AIs to avoid clumping (as opposed to always relying on the same kinds of troops).

Then also maybe a new troop who would attack using fire, with the fire spreading to adjacent structures over time :rolleyes: