Base design and Layout Templates

Discussion in 'Build Improvements' started by LYM, Nov 8, 2015.

1. LYM

LYM Captain

With the new legendary pirates they all hold different abilities which depend on where the fort is positioned on your island and what defences are near.

This now means that if you swap your legendary from one to another to be actively defending your island could not be the best design until you rebuild.

Can we have a way of saving various base layouts within the map editor which allows you to switch to active when required.

Any thoughts on this welcome.... :)

2. # Johnny Doe #

# Johnny Doe # First Mate

+(insert total number of players here)
    This has got to be the one thing I want more than anything. I sooooo want to change my layout but don't have the time in one sitting. This feature would mean people would spend a lot more time online in the game as they would be able to design.

That's all I want for Christmas @Lynsey [Midoki] ;)

3. LYM

LYM Captain

i think a lot of people would like this as a update, but why would this make the game so much better for you and others ?

4. # Johnny Doe #

# Johnny Doe # First Mate

Because I can update my design over a few visits before making it my main base.
    I don't have the time to sit and redesign and put it live in one go. I would spend any spare time online tweaking it if I could save it until it was finished.

5. Skye

Skye Commodore

This has been requested many times by many people and I'm sure its being considered :)

6. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Based on past history. I suspect we will be seeing it in the future. They gave us the island editor, which seemed to be the first step leading to ability to save multiple formats. Other games have introduced this feature in progressive steps. Hope Midoki is doing the same.

Jirobaliw- likes this.
  7. LYM

LYM Captain

I think ive seen some thing on editor but not since the legendarys and i guess with the legendarys it is more needed

8. mlc

mlc Captain

+1
    This would be great!

9. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

Appart from tweaking there are 2-3 designs i souls love to store in order to switch betere islands depending on My Active defensief legend. If you would have 2-3 slots in THE island editing menu this would snavel me to switch in minutes rather than 45 min in would NOw take.

+25 from our guild!

LYM likes this.
  10. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

Does anyone know anything about this being considered or ever to be implemented. I looked around but couldn't find anything related that confirmed this.

11. Skye

Skye Commodore

I believe they've mentioned working on "editor improvements", but no specifics have been mentioned. This is one of the most likely things that could mean though.

12. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

Thnx. Would also be very nice if you could select ALL the buildings and just shift/move them all a few places to the side. (Sometime I just start off wrong with placement and would like to rearrange)

Or if the wind wil be variable... Rotate you island as a whole...
    (Active players will take the time to rotate... Less active can count on a sky raider over their GP's... Guns away!)

SitFlyer_ likes this.