Battery drain ever worst

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by JackSparrow, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Hi ppl.
    My ipad 4 model 1458 and my iphone 5 model 1428 in all times drain my battery too fast.
    The iphone speccially when using 3g and Incredible it do not last 40 minutes playing!!
    And my ipad becomes very hot but its spread heat in the big components, and it lasts longer of course.
    But with time the game is becoming hotter and hotter with time. This behavior always follow all the versions of iOS.

I always do factory reset once a month and turn off both gadgets once a day.
    The iphone uses iOS 8.4 and the ipad uses 8.1.

My guild mates says same thing as me.

Thank you.
    Bruno

2. Ian

Ian Commodore

Turn off shadows, night mode, etc... This will help to some extent
    Probably more difficult is to play on Wi-Fi or at least improve your 3G reception may also help improve battery life

3. Hi Ian. Thanks man. My systems dont have shadows in this game. The big problem e playing in 3g also with fullbars in the best local carrier. playing using edge 2g is too much slow and some instable.

4. lady blackbeard

lady blackbeard Captain

My iPad also gets warm but this happens whatever app I leave on for long periods. Not sure a Plundering thing. Mine is older, no 3G at all. I think I need a new iPad. At least, that is what I will tell Santa,

# Johnny Doe # likes this.
  5. The big problem is with iphone. 40 minutes playing? Really? The battery works very well in another apps and very reasonable in other games.
    There is any trick on server or fix by developers in the app game that could fix this?
    Most of my guild mates say samething.

6. The game is pretty heavy for mobile gaming with it's 3D graphics and all.
    I got a iPhone 5C and I never fully tested it, but I bet it can last longer then 40 minutes (shadows and all other options disabled and using WiFi)

7. Any chance to create an option to disable sfx glow lightining effects?

I use the iphone in 24° C normal ambient away from sun and no covers/skin.

8. Skye

Skye Commodore

The game is definitely a battery hog. Its to the point that sometimes my battery percentage goes down even while I'm plugged in. But yeah, you need to keep your device plugged in if you're going to use it for extended periods. I get maybe 2 hours life on my 6+, with wifi, background app refresh disabled, all effects off, no sound, and brightness down all the way. General usage it lasts a lot longer, but PP pushes it to the limits for sure.

The main thing I'd like fixed is that if your battery dies (or the app crashes or loses focus in some other way) during base editing, it lets you resume when you reload the app. Since its a good hour long investment to do a new island from scratch, you really have to be plugged in while you do it.

9. Skye bro. Ty.
    I am another save energy adicted freek. I turn off every resource that I can, always. My phone has 8 months and a reasonable battery for my use.
    Guys this normal tips doesnt fix the game problem.
    The game has a problem and not the gamer.
    Maybe the phone and game together.
    I also tried restore iOS and no changes.
    Incredible to me is so few people asking this.
    I'll stop and Deal with this.
    Thanks

10. BB-8

BB-8 First Mate

I think this will be more and more evident with Metal as the backing engine for iOS. It can run more powerful games but there is always a tradeoff, one of those is how much it eats battery life.

This is how games work and won't change. Only real option is to upgrade your device to one of the newer platforms that has better power management for the processor. When I had my iPhone 6 it would eat through the battery like it was nothing. The 6 Plus is way better. Play a graphic heavy game on a laptop it will eat through your battery there as well. Nature of the beast of games. It's the tradeoff for a way better looking game than most.

Kelani likes this.
  11. I Agree BlackBeard. My iphone 5 is almost new. 8 months. And doesnt support Api Metal.
    So no answer from Midoki, must Keep walking Johnnie deep walker.