Battle Ideas

Discussion in 'Battle Strategies' started by BD_Scott, Jun 4, 2015.

1. BD_Scott

BD_Scott Powder Monkey

I have been a part of Plunder Pirates for a really long time almost a year now and I still have trouble with the biggest part of being a pirate, PLUNDERING! I can't even get a single star on the people I attack (PH7-8) I really need tips. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I would love it if you would post a comment :)

BD_Scott
    Captain of The Dirty Deceit

2. Christy

Christy Commodore

Maybe if you have some in your guild that are really good at attacking post a bunch of replays. I find that watching them and chatting about the attacks with guild members is a great way to learn and to strategize. Also brings everyone closer together as a guild :)

Ian likes this.
  3. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

The biggest dangers (IMO) are ground pounders and mortars. Some people will often lay out their base to make it look like there's an enticing weakness in their walls, when in reality they're actually trying to guide you into their DEADLY DEATH FUNNEL OF DOOM. Make sure your pirates are upgraded as much as possible (and remember, you can train more than one at a time!), and send in brutes (who can taunt defences) and juggs (who don't get as pommelled by mortars) first to draw fire, before sending in your damage dealers of choice. Send in a Witch Doctor with your meat shields, one (or two, if you're feeling generous) for your damage dealers, and keep one in reserve in case an earlier one meets an untimely death (and it can also be useful to send in later to raise up skeletons if some of your damage dealers have died in a pile).