Battle Points = Rank Points

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by DJE, Dec 14, 2014.

1. DJE

DJE Powder Monkey

I think the way that battle points are structured makes no sense. We should be incentivized to attack larger ranked islands vs. smaller ranked islands. If I attack someone who has a '1' rank and beat them, I get 20 points, regardless. If I attack an island with a '300' rank, I get 20 points (or so). So if I have 10k BP, and need 15k for the next Academy upgrade, I'm going to keep plundering the small guy to climb up as quickly as possible.

An idea I'm suggesting is to make your BP = Rank. So if I attack a 300 ranked island, I get 300 BP. If I attack a 1 rank island, I either get 1 point or 20 points (You still need points early on in island building). So I'm not incentivized to bully the little guy, I go after islands that are more my size.

I understand Midoki's logic in doing this, you want us to pay for upgrades in gems / BP / EP, which you would still get, but this makes it less likely for bullying to occur, if I'm only getting 1 point, 5 points, etc. based on the small island ranks vs. 100 points, 220 points, etc. based on larger island ranks.

This levels the playing field and promotes less bullying.

2. I like the concept! I think a 1:1 ratio is a bit too much because I attack several 600 bases a day. That would mean I get BP very very fast.
    But the concept is very good, it would mean people would try to attack bases their size

3. Captain MetaTauta

Captain MetaTauta First Mate

Speechless!

4. DJE

DJE Powder Monkey

I agree to some point, but I also think if you're fighting and defeating a 600 rank, you deserve to win that in BP. If you don't completely defeat the island then you lose the BP in fractions based on either % or based on stars. You could also tier it, but I think a 1:1 ratio isn't necessarily a bad thing either. Also, if you are fighting and defeating the 600 rank, most likely your Academy is already built to the top or near top level.

5. I'm still trying to achieve 15k bp ;) But it would compensate pretty good if you will lose BP when you lost the fight. On the other hand I think Midoki would prefer to just scale the reward BP a bit down. Saves them the trouble and achieves the same goal.

As I said before, come up with ideas where the game and people will benefit from and you will have my support.

6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

First of all, last time I checked, Below 450 rank, you can only be matched to bases within 50 (or so) points of you, so you can't really attack someone too much higher or lower than you.
    Second, whenever I 100% someone below me, I don't recall ever getting 20BP. Not saying it doesn't happen, I've just never noticed it. I feel like I get closer to 8-15BP from those guys. Could just be from not getting 100% though.

It should just be a sliding scale.
    Same rank = 25BP
    +50 points= 40BP
    -50 Points =10BP

Definitely not a 1:1 ratio. The BP costs are what they are to encourage exploration, which is a good thing.

Bear and # Johnny Doe # like this.
  7. That seems pretty fair to me!

Bear likes this.