Battle points resetting

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Black Beard, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Black Beard

Black Beard Powder Monkey

I'm not sure whats going on, but I've noticed that my BP is at 499, when it was almost 3000 earlier today. What would cause this to happen?

2. Bear

Bear Commodore

Did you upgrade something that requires bp?

3. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

The academy would use quite a lot when you upgrade. Academy and Mystic Mortars use BP and gold.

4. placo

placo Crew

Mine just did the same thing!! I've been saving battle points for a long time! Finally hit 10,000. I'm saving for the max lvl acadamy which needs 15,000. I just looked and I'm down to 1200!!!!!!!!! I did not upgrade anything that uses battle points. Wtf happaned and can I please get them back!!!

5. Elementary student

Elementary student Powder Monkey

Never have this problem, but I think you have to check if you upgrade your mortar or academy.

6. placo

placo Crew

I had no idea the mystic mortar upgrade needed battle points. What a bunch of crap!! It took me FOREVER to save up 10k bp and now they are all gone. All my troops are fully upgraded and all thats left with my grog is to upgrade the academy to lvl5. But now i cant til i attack about fifteen hundred more times!!!!!! So until than my grog is useless. Something seems off here. Oh, but other than that i love the game! Lol

7. Bear

Bear Commodore

Attack big fish in the map for good bp. You should earn it back rather fast.

8. placo

placo Crew

Another person suggested that and the next 2 big and bigger fish i attacked, gave me a grand total of "0" battle points.

9. Bear

Bear Commodore

It's not guaranteed. But 8/10 times they give battle points. ( 8/10 times is purely made up. I just know they give me bp way more times than not.)

# Johnny Doe # likes this.
  10. placo

placo Crew

Lol i guess by 2 fishies were those other 2 times

11. Tex

Tex Commodore

They must be 3-4 star fish to get battle points matey. The "bigger fish" give more than "big fish", but both will work. I've earned over 12k total BP catching fish!

placo likes this.
  12. placo

placo Crew

Cool ill try the big guys, im attackin 2 fishies on this run, the first was a 2 star and again he gave me nothing. The other is a 4 star but i still have another 12 hours til its done . Hope it works cause BP is now my most precious commodity!

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  13. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

FWIW, You can get BP from a 2* big fish, but not much, usually 10 or so.

Like Tex said, for reliable BP, your options are pretty much 3* and 4* Big/Bigger fishes. But these guys do run hot or cold. Sometimes you get 8 gems, other times you get 500EP and 600-2000BP. Just gotta be persistent. And maybe do some exploring for a few days, in case the rumors about the rewards decreasing from overfishing are true.

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  14. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

:eek:
    Where did you hear that?

15. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

@Gangrene Beard Is that surprise because of my crazy claim, or because you may have actually missed a rumor? ;)

I first saw it posted weeks ago here on the forums, just an offhand comment. We know that the fish rewards run hot and cold, but from data collected from some of my guildlings, overfishing without exploration does seem to cause the rewards to, well, suck. It could totally be apophenia/paranoia, though. Plus, the rewards vary so much from person to person, it's hard to find what normal is. Here's an example:

Kel's Fishing Trip Stats (Fish, Explore, Fish, Explore, Etc..)
    4* Bigger Fish = 500EP, 1,000BP
    4* Bigger Fish = 500ep, 1,000BP

A Guild Member's Fishing Trip Stats (Fish, Fish, Fish, Fish, Fish)
    4* Bigger Fish = 500EP, 700BP
    4* Bigger Fish = 500EP, 300BP
    4* Bigger Fish = 300EP, 100BP
    4* Bigger Fish = 500EP, 8 Gems
    4* Bigger Fish = 8 Gems

Obviously, we need more data, but until then, I'm just making sure I throw some exploration in between each fishing trip.

16. Bear

Bear Commodore

Thanks for this. I'll have to keep an eye on it too.

17. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

This! Of course. I've seen it fluctuate, but I have yet to experience a straight downward trend in BP without any upswing. So as of yet these are just player rumors, no rumor from devs on changing the exploration rewards?

18. placo

placo Crew

I've killed 8 big & bigger fish in the last few days and not once have I gotten any BP. A few gems and some gold. That's it. All lvl 3 and mostly lvl 4. Is this just horrible luck??

19. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I just got the 4* Bigger fish at
    L0
    , and got a whopping 8 gems. Been exploring nonstop previously, so maybe it's just a time-based thing.