Battle Points

Discussion in 'Build Bugs' started by m4thw1z, Nov 20, 2014.

1. m4thw1z

m4thw1z Crew

I am sorry but the whole battle points thing is seriously flawed.

I have been camped at a pirate rank of 1 for a while and I attack weak bases with a few bucs to gain BP. I spend all of the time I can play doing this and can get at an absolute max only 500 BP per day. However the Observatory comes up for refill every day and can take 500 BP from me if no one else is there to fill it. Then the Mystic Mortars take BP from me which i didnt even realize until I saw all my BP points were gone.

I have been spinning my wheels for weeks trying to upgrade my academy. All of my training is down but I am not even halfway to the 7500 I need. My crew mates have told me to ignore the observatory until I make it but it is still extremely slow going and I feel bad that I am mooching.

If the mortars didn't cost BP then I may be reasonably close to 7500. I dont even know how many I was charged for both of them.

My crew mates tell me to hit big fish on the map because they get 500 BP but I usually only get 50 or none and they are all gone off my map anyway. It would be nice if all sea battles could earn BP since it is a battle. The loot from those is nothing.

2. Bear

Bear Commodore

First I'd say it's a matter of priority. If you are pushing for an Academy upgrade then don't fund the Observatory. And don't build mystic mortars.

As far as the fish. They have to be 3-4 stars to get any good bp. Or bigger fish thst will be 3-4 stars.

3. m4thw1z

m4thw1z Crew

I am not going to leave a builder free for weeks while I build up BP. It is a just a miserably broken system. It makes absolutely no sense. There is very little benefit to the observatory anyway.

Assuming I 3 star every battle and get 20 BP every time, I need 375 wins to upgrade my academy. Lets say I squeeze in 10 per day. More than a month to be earn the right to upgrade one building?

4. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Well if you've been keeping up on exploration then you should be able to get on average about 400 bp a day from fish. I got 1700 in the last 2 days myself. That cuts the time down to 2 weeks which is reasonable. Funding the observatory is your fault. Why do something that common sense tells you is counterproductive? I don't really see BP requirements as a major issue. I'm finished with Acd upgrades yet I'm still not upgrading MM's because I'm already starting to save for future Acd lvl's. I don't mind prioritizing. It shouldn't be easy to get everything should it.

5. Bear

Bear Commodore

Just because you are struggling doesn't mean it's a broken or horrible system. Like I said. It's priorities. You are not willing to do what it takes to gain the bp fast. And honestly. 7500 bp is nothing. 15k is needed for lvl 5 Academy which I'm saving for.

Plus. Observatory is being reworked in this new update coming any day now.

6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Definitely persecute those 3-4* big/bigger fishes, but don't forget the 4* Sea Serpent. It takes a lot of troops, but can give good BP. I average 50k Grog / 600BP from them.

Just make sure you have a L4-L5 boat and send lots of troops, mostly gunners and a few brutes with their exploration skills.

7. m4thw1z

m4thw1z Crew

My explanation assumed that I prioritized it. The only way I could prioritize it more would be to no-life it. If they leave the LVL 5 Academy at 15k and do not adjust the BP per battle or the BP that can be found on the Map I can guarantee that the majority of the players will quit long before the point that I am at. There will be no one for the no-lifers/payforplayers to loot.

8. m4thw1z

m4thw1z Crew

I do that, one time I got 300 BP, nothing more. It is random. Several times I have gotten 0BP for the 4* creatures.

9. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

The L6 Academy BP expense isn't by accident. It's a hint to let you know there are tons of other things you need to worry about when your PH7 finishes baking. Also, L6 Acad skills aren't really that great, so they're more of an endgame thing, IMO. Just something to give you an edge later in the game. There's really no rush to get started on those them immediately after PH7.

10. m4thw1z

m4thw1z Crew

But there is a rush because I am done with all of my troop upgrades and I have been for more than a week. The one thing I learned from other games is that you never let builders sleep or have your lab idle. Well designed games at least give you the opportunity to accomplish that.

11. Bear

Bear Commodore

Well you can max your base with Academy 5 lvl troops. You don't need lvl 6 unless you are rank pushing

12. Captain MetaTauta

Captain MetaTauta First Mate

I believe you may have misspoken here. The majority press in and play the game as it is intended. I don't mean to be offensive, and I do apologize if I am, however; it would appear that you may be so wrapped up in instant gratification that you miss the spirit of the game. Often times in life, it is the challenge that means so much more than then result. Happy Plundering!

13. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Well said, and I don't think you weer being offensive. People seem to get so mad about roadblocks to instant gratification, like how hard it is to get the BP for Academy 5/6 and the mystic mortars, they don't stop to think that there is a lot more gameplay they can work on. And, most importantly, maybe the devs made those things expensive for a reason, e.g.: If you can't afford something, chances are you don't need it at this point.

14. Kelani

Kelani Commodore